hf1

Fishsticks Little One Layette trousers for baby!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Fishsticks Little One Layette trousers for baby!

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:08 am

These are the other thing I whipped up yesterday :widesmile: :sewing: . I need to think through the lining up of stripes as my cunning plan didn't work but they are very cute! Just need to do the waistband and they are done but I want to make a couple more pairs first then I'll do all the waistbands at once on the sewing machine!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Fishsticks Little One Layette trousers for baby!

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:11 am

Any tips for overlocking around sharp corners (ie the crutch)? I'm lucky it only just caught but wouldn't be any good for anyone other than a newborn baby not putting stress on it! @Bernadette @gilbertandmartha

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:54 am

They are gorgeous Tory @clothmama :love:

To get round the crotch easily, try to pull the fabric in as much a straight line as possible and you should be able to catch the fabric easily.

To line up your stripes. Use the bottom leg as the guide to cut. If you cut the front with the red stripe at the bottom, place the back piece so that the bottom leg is on the red stripe also. This way they will match up, up the leg and you are putting the waistband on the top anyway.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:51 am

Bernadette wrote:They are gorgeous Tory @clothmama :love:

Thank you :D
Bernadette wrote:To get round the crotch easily, try to pull the fabric in as much a straight line as possible and you should be able to catch the fabric easily.

Thank you :widesmile: I eventually found a tutorial that said what you have just said in a much longer way and have just done a little pink pair for clothbrother's baby and they are fine :thumbsup: :widesmile: I should have checked before I started :giggle:

Bernadette wrote:To line up your stripes. Use the bottom leg as the guide to cut. If you cut the front with the red stripe at the bottom, place the back piece so that the bottom leg is on the red stripe also. This way they will match up, up the leg and you are putting the waistband on the top anyway.

This is what I did wrong, I lined up from the top :doh: :giggle:

Return to DIY and share your projects!