hf1

Craft sections and organisation - bump for newbies!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Craft sections and organisation - bump for newbies!

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:20 am

:wave: You may have noticed we have some new sections (subforums) instead of there just being one DIY forum to share our creativity, currently there is sewing :sewing: , knitting :knit: , crochet :crochet: and christmas crafts. There will no doubt be others that we can add and thinking of it perhaps baking should go in there as cakes that are made are certainly works of art!

This of course means some changes to the way we post our craft:
  • Please post in the relevant section (where it exists!) rather than in the overall DIY section
  • Please let me know if you want to share a project and you need us to add a subforum that you think will be worth while(just put it in the main DIY and I can move it).
  • For obscure or once off crafts keep using the main DIY forum
  • Dont' forget to tag your thread with words to describe your craft so you may tag a Jammie Jumper you have sewn with 'sewing', 'Fishsticks' (this is the pattern maker), 'Jammie Jumper' and 'Crafting 2015' for example

Due to these changes and the new tagging please don't start 'Clothmamas (your name) crafting for 2015' threads as we have been running them for the last few years.
Instead:
  • Post what you have made in it's own thread in the applicable forum and tag your post as described above
  • then you can also add a tag of 'Crafting 2015' (or whatever you choose) that way you will build up a list of all your projects and can just click on the tag to see your list.
  • If everyone uses 'Crafting 2015' then we can also look at a list of everyones craft for the year or click on a particular persons profile then click on their 'Crafting 2015' to see what they have made. So for example if I wanted to see everything autumnalgirl had made during the year I would do this, or is I specifically wanted to look up a crochet project docmaggoo had done I could click on her crochet tag
  • This makes everything we do searchable in a way that one long thread with all different crafts and projects doesn't :widesmile:
  • It also means that if you wish to 'Pin' something someone has done you can to a specific thread
  • Each item having it's own thread encourages people to comment and discuss what you have done and you will probably be more likely to share more details about the making / materials / patterns etc if you have given it it's own space :widesmile:
  • Saves having to find / remember to update a single thread, you just automatically build one (well more than one list as you will have your overall craft but then each individual craft in a list as well) by adding the tags to your post

Does that all make sense?
Please let me know if you have any ideas to make this even better and how it works for you :widesmile:

Tagging those that have craft threads from last year or bee likely candidates to be posting crafts so you dont' miss this post:

@Bernadette @docmaggoo @sim @laceybat @girlinleeds @Mareth @Sunset @shinycat @JabberJabber @LynniferT @clothsister @Louise @gilbertandmartha @autumnalgirl @MissFrodo @labbiefan @Sophiebeth23 @g murphy @mamavan2 @littlesez

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: NEW - craft sections and organisation.

Postby Bernadette » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:03 am

okey dokey will do. Haven't been on the DIY crafty bit for so long now!!!!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:02 am

I really need to start doing this. It would be a great way to keep track of everything.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:25 am

Like the sound of this :)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:26 am

Fab :)
@Mareth and I will probably make use of a Paper crafts sub forum

I think @Louise make her own cards too...

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:44 am

Sounds good x

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:04 am

Ooh, that's a nifty way to use the tagging - thank you for doing it.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:16 am

Cool!! Love these ideas!
(I'm still trying to get used to tagging.... But I'll get there ;) )

Can we have a fibre/felting/spinning section please?

@clothmama
@mrc

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:49 am

Yup all clear ;)

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!