hf1

Craft sections and organisation - bump for newbies!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Craft sections and organisation - bump for newbies!

Postby confusinglady » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:52 am

Oh yeah I need to remember this too. I m hoping to have a crafting year ( rather than a year of adding things to my to do list! :giggle:)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Aeseldyr wrote:I didn't do that in my creativity post. Maybe I can get some help? @clothmama
Here is what I wrote in the original post:
clothmama wrote:Due to these changes and the new tagging please don't start 'Clothmamas (your name) crafting for 2015' threads as we have been running them for the last few years.
Instead:
  • Post what you have made in it's own thread in the applicable forum and tag your post as described above
  • then you can also add a tag of 'Crafting 2015' (or whatever you choose) that way you will build up a list of all your projects and can just click on the tag to see your list.
  • If everyone uses 'Crafting 2015' then we can also look at a list of everyones craft for the year or click on a particular persons profile then click on their 'Crafting 2015' to see what they have made. So for example if I wanted to see everything autumnalgirl had made during the year I would do this, or is I specifically wanted to look up a crochet project docmaggoo had done I could click on her crochet tag
  • This makes everything we do searchable in a way that one long thread with all different crafts and projects doesn't :widesmile:
  • It also means that if you wish to 'Pin' something someone has done you can to a specific thread
  • Each item having it's own thread encourages people to comment and discuss what you have done and you will probably be more likely to share more details about the making / materials / patterns etc if you have given it it's own space :widesmile:
  • Saves having to find / remember to update a single thread, you just automatically build one (well more than one list as you will have your overall craft but then each individual craft in a list as well) by adding the tags to your post

So as you have already started a thread but have only posted your nappies in it you can go into your post and edit it:
->change the title it you want to
->at the bottom of the posting box you'll see the words 'Word tagging is on:' and a box - in the box add the 'tags' you want comma separated so for example : Aeseldyr's Makes, Crafting 2016, sewing, overlocking, DIY nappies (all just ideas, you tag / organise as you wish!). Then every post you do you can add to the same categories so you will build up a clickable, searchable list of posts so you (and others) can easily find things that you've made. Does that make sense? Let me know if you need more help @Aeseldyr
-> for future new posts you just need to tag in the box, if you forget you only need to go in and edit :)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Can I put all my projects of a particular craft in a single thread then?
And can I make a special request for a Paper crafts section?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:53 pm

sim wrote:Can I put all my projects of a particular craft in a single thread then?
And can I make a special request for a Paper crafts section?

Just give each one it's own thread - easier to look for and then there is a description and picture for each on the thumbnails too. Only takes a few seconds longer to add a new post rather than reply / edit :) . By adding the tag for the craft then you will have a list of all your projects for that craft when you hit 'paper cuts' (or whatever craft) in your tag cloud :D

I'll do a Paper Crafts section for you later - poke me if I forget @sim :D

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:56 pm

@clothmama I have been well behaved and renamed, relocated and tagged my post
:angelic: :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:23 pm

sim wrote:@clothmama I have been well behaved and renamed, relocated and tagged my post
:angelic: :giggle:

You are indeed an :angelic: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!