Christmas market ideas?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Christmas market ideas?

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:39 am

I'm hoping to do a Christmas market this year and I know I've not got a lot of time left to get stuff done so I'm looking for some inspiration please! Things that can be sewn or crocheted up quickly and look nice. Preferably things that don't use too much material either as the French tax system for small businesses means you can’t claim any of your costs, you get taxed on what you make regardless of how much of it is actual profit! So if I make something that has cost me 5 euros in materials and I sell for 10€ they take their 25% (ish) on the 10€ so I would only make 2.50€ :roll: So I'm thinking small things are the way to go until I see if it all works well :giggle: !

Things I've thought of so far are Christmas decorations (sewn and crocheted), hand warmers and heat packs, hair bows, gardening aprons, baby dresses / clothes, wreaths (still have some vine left and am thinking I could perhaps source some more from somewhere), crochet hats, bunting.

Any other ideas?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Christmas market ideas?

Postby ems101 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:46 am

Stockings? Xmas tablecloth and napkins, little Xmas tree decs, tiny pocket things to hang on the tree for tiny presents, gift bags, reusable shopping bags

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:17 am

Here I am again :panic: but really really need to do it this year!!!!!

Any other ideas gratefully received! I bought some Christmas material yesterday and looked through my 1/2 yard Christmas book but wasn't very inspired!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:41 am

Ok things that sell well for us Tilda small Christmas decorations we have, skates, boots, apples and seahorses. The Tilda angels sell well but aren't particularly quick to make but they are a high value item. Needlebooks, pin cushions, clasp purses (the clasps have to be ordered from Ali express or eBay).
Yarn things we have scarves, wrist warmers, washcloths (although they don't sell very often :-? It could be were we have them not the item) knitted baubles, knitted stockings (small decorations and large) knitted bird decorations. Hmmmmm feel free to look at our photo albums on Facebook (bejta artisan @ the ta nikol gallery) if there is anything you like I can find out where the patterns etc are from.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:55 am

Sets of festive cloth table napkins?

Return to DIY and share your projects!