hf1

Piddle pad

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Piddle pad

Postby keljbj » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:59 am

Inspired by Acacia, who decided to pee in her carseat on the way home from Tesco last night (encouraged by her brother :x ). It was such a PITA to get her carseat covers off to wash them that i decided to make her a piddle pad :giggle:

So, pink polka dot fleece (to match her pink carseat :giggle: ) a layer of terry, a layer of microfibre and a waterproof layer underneath. Hopefully it'll be absorbant enough :-?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Piddle pad

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:02 am

thats really good hun! i was thinking last night about making something similair to go in alesha buggy now that she potty training, dont fancy trying to get the covers off that one unless i have too!, did you use a pattern? x

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:04 am

How lovely :wine: I've got a boring navy shop brought one, I think you may have just inspired me :giggle:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:12 am

I was thinking of making one of these too, but I'm lazy and just fold a terry under her bum :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:14 am

I was thinking the same now Lani's pt'd too, I managed to rip her car seat covers last time I tried to get them off, so now I just use upholstery cleaner and leave it in the sun to dry :giggle: Where'd you get the microfibre from?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:17 am

What a fantastic idea! Looks great :wine:

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:24 am

I didnt use a pattern, just measured her carseat and made my own. The microfibre is from a set of cloths i got for £1 in Asda :giggle: They are just the right size, and with 5 to a pck you can't go wrong :lol: I already had the fleece etc from making nappies. It only took me about half an hour to do :D

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Well done :wine:

Return to DIY and share your projects!