hf1

Anyone got a Brother XR6600 sewing machine?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Anyone got a Brother XR6600 sewing machine?

Postby Frances » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:04 am

DH is buying me a new sewing machine :wine: and I really like the look of this one , particularly as I love my Brother overlocker. it seems to be a good mid-range machine with lots of functionality, but reviews a re a bit thin on the ground. If anyone has one I'd appreciate feedback before I click buy :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Anyone got a Brother XR6600 sewing machine?

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 am

No I have my lovely Husky!

This one is a bargain - http://www.sewingmachinediscount.co.uk/ ... -c0-v0.htm

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:56 am

clothmama wrote:No I have my lovely Husky!

This one is a bargain - http://www.sewingmachinediscount.co.uk/ ... -c0-v0.htm

Thanks Tory. I found the user manual online, it looks fab and it's now mine :widesmile:

My avatar
Babs
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Babs » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi I am a newbie looking to buy a sewing machine and have also been looking at the Brother XR6600. Now you have had yours for a while are you pleased with it and would you recommend it as a good buy.
I would be grateful for any comments and advice
Thanks Babs

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Babs wrote:Hi I am a newbie looking to buy a sewing machine and have also been looking at the Brother XR6600. Now you have had yours for a while are you pleased with it and would you recommend it as a good buy.
I would be grateful for any comments and advice
Thanks Babs

Yep, it's fab and I can thoroughly recommend it :D Had a few tension probs till I realised I should only be using Brother bobbins, and it's worth knowing that the lower thread very occasionally comes out of the bobbin tension bit; keep an eye on it and it should be fine.

My avatar
Babs
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Babs » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Thank you for answering so quick Frances you have really helped with my decision making. Thank you also for your tension tip :wave:

My avatar
ClareBear
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ClareBear » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:48 am

I used to have a Brother, but have recently bought a new Toyota Sewing Machine. I am now happily making myself a mustard skirt with a zip at the back. I’m getting back in the sewing swing, it’s amazing what getting a new machine can do for you.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:55 pm

@clothmama

which husqvarna do you have?

@Frances - does your machine cope with heavier fabrics / multiple layers? Could you make a fitted nappy with it or sew denim?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:07 pm

sim wrote:@clothmama

which husqvarna do you have?

@Frances - does your machine cope with heavier fabrics / multiple layers? Could you make a fitted nappy with it or sew denim?

It's fine with several layers - I've made a few nappies (including turned and topstitched ones) and night CSP. I can feel it's making extra effort with, say, 4 layers including fleece and bamboo fleece, velour and terry, but it's managed so far. I've sewn cord, but not denim.

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!