hf1

When is 6 months?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: When is 6 months?

Postby tanya » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:42 am

Jake was offered food from 6 months, but didn't actually eat anything until he was 10 months! He just aren't interested and I wasn't going to push it.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 am

I went on whether they were interested and/or still satisfied with milk and for us this proved to be closer to 7m for Ethan and later than that for Rory. It sounds to me like Emmet is ready, if he's ticking all the boxes and actually upset if you take it away and swallows then maybe it's time. They're all different. :D

If he's not sitting up (I can't remember if you said he is or not) you might want to wait for that, but other than that I'd probably go for it. :D

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:44 am

Oh, and also meant to add that at under 6m I'd probably just me more cautious in what I offered - just plain fruits and veg that are less likely to be choking hazards or allergens. :D

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 am

Cyrillia wrote:Oh, and also meant to add that at under 6m I'd probably just me more cautious in what I offered - just plain fruits and veg that are less likely to be choking hazards or allergens. :D

Exactly this really. Aubrey is doing the same as Emmett, grabbing at food, sucking on fruit etc, and getting upset if I take it away. I really want to do BLW like we did with Annabel, but he's a different baby so we will probably start a bit earlier with mushy fruits and see how he goes. He's already sitting with support at almost 5 months, and weighs almost 20lbs so he feels more like a 6 month old iyswim?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Emmet sits up aided and is big & strong! He was 19lbs at 17wks so guess he's about 22lbs or more now? He's still only had donut peaches, he sucks so mainly juice but he mushes the flesh in his gums. He seems happy with that so will just see how he goes :D

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:30 pm

6 calendar months and 26 weeks was the same day here but it would have been 6 calendar months if it weren't. Alyssa has taken to food like a duck to water and went from none to 3 meals in 2 weeks!

Previous

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning