How do I introduce a bottle?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: How do I introduce a bottle?

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:09 am

Sophiebeth23 wrote:Ok I've given in on the bottle as today I've have a hungry baby refusing boob and bottle think was confused. Mummy in tears it's taken until now to get her to latch.

Oh no :hug: did she have a good feed for you :hug: @Sophiebeth23 were things better overnight?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:57 am

I think you should let the organisers know exactly what a struggle this has been, its absolutely ridiculous that they are running a BF support course but not actually supporting YOU. If it were me i would make a stand and say you are bringing baby

:bf: :bf: :bf:

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 am

She was better overnight she just nursed all night. Thank goodness I co sleep 50% of the time so it wasn't an issue.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:06 am

Sophiebeth23 wrote:She was better overnight she just nursed all night. Thank goodness I co sleep 50% of the time so it wasn't an issue.

Good to hear :widesmile:

My avatar
Laura-g-c
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Laura-g-c » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:36 pm

I had such drama trying to get DD to take bottle :drama: . I ended up turning down a job offer because at 5 months she was super clingy and refusing anything but bf so I knew she would get in an absolute state. At one point of desperation I spent a fortune on bottles/ teats/ cups :giggle: ! The best luck we had was with the Doidy cup. Made a horrific mess but she did at least have something. She now drinks water from a cup with a free flow spout and will take half a bottle with the Nuk latex teat :wine:

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Laura unfortunately as I have a servere latex allegy we have had to avoid those teats. She will have it off a spoon funny baby. Well I've decided I'm going tomorrow now think a little break will do me good. My sister is going to sort her tomorrow. She is a midwife so will be fine.

My avatar
airry87
Clothie
Clothie

Postby airry87 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:05 pm

what bottles are you using? tommee tippee are meant to be the closest thing to a nipple/breast.

also is it you trying or hubby? if it is you, get hubby to have a go as he can smell your milk and hormones and will naturally want boobie instead!

also are you warming it? try this or if already doing it try room temp, might not like the temp.

sorry if no help at all. we've been really lucky with chloe, she has always taken whatever in any form, any temp too so this is all i can think of.

good luck!

Ariana

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:24 pm

@airry87 this is an old thread we tried everything she would only have it from a spoon.

Previous

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning