Did you use 'nursing' tops?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Did you use 'nursing' tops?

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:43 am

I haven't bought anything for when the baby arrives for me :panic: and I think I only have 2 or 3 pays left before mat leave :panic: I can't remember if I had proper feeding tops last time.

What did you do, did you have them? Would you bother again? Where were the best from? Best style? Any to avoid?

Eeek :panic: I haven't even thought about breast pads either :panic:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Did you use 'nursing' tops?

Postby clothsister » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:31 am

I pretty much live in the 2 nursing tops that I have. Although that's a mixture of the fact that neither my maternity nor pre Penny clothes fit. I do also wear just baggy t-shirts so that I can feed easily so I guess it's whatever you have in your wardrobe. With Chloe I didn't have specific feeding tops at all so just wore my own stuff this time I bought a couple of singlet nursing tops which I am wearing.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:23 am

I only have nursing nightwear but that could easily be just underwear so not essential. Nursing tops both times seemed like a good idea but with both having latch issues I hot extremely frustrated with nursing tops. I never felt bothered about showing boobs when feeding it's the baby belly on show I hated so I always wore a vest top and then a very light tee on the top. Will you be out and about a Lot? I spent most of my mat leave in my pj's st home with my Boobs out :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 am

littlesez wrote:Will you be out and about a Lot?

Yes, we will be doing a 24 hour flight then wizzing all over the UK / France when the baby is 8 weeks old :shock: I did tend to not be bothered and was mainly at home with the others I think that is why I'm more bothered this time!

clothsister wrote:I pretty much live in the 2 nursing tops that I have

I do have 2 maternity / nursing singlets which I'm sure I'll live in in the early weeks, probably should grab a couple more. I originally got them in my first trimester as my boobs were so sore at night and with the shelf bra in them it just made sleeping so much better! They now fit lovely over my bump and are the only proper maternity tops I have now I think about it (one of them is the black and white stripes that I'm doing my bump pictures in!).

I've never had a winter baby and while it will be summer here it will obviously be winter when we do our UK trip so I'm a bit confused about how you go about the whole feeding thing when it is freezing :bf: :lookround: :giggle:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 am

Would you be able to buy the clips to convert vest tops into nursing ones? That way you can convert things you already own or buy some cheaper ones (as most things labelled maternity or nursing are expensive!) to convert?

I'm currently trying to find the clips...

I ended up wearing two layers when feeding, one to go up and one to go down so I didn't show anything I didn't want to. I did have a couple of feeding tops for the early days, but I think I remember feeling frumpy in them so gave up.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:56 am

I did with all of mine. In the Summer I had nursing tshirts and vests and in Winter a few dresses but I mainly used my breast vest and Rooti Tooti vests under normal clothing.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:59 am

JabberJabber wrote:I ended up wearing two layers when feeding, one to go up and one to go down so I didn't show anything I didn't want to.

Actually I'd forgotten that trick, i think I did that a lot, just a tshirt under a button shirt. Now you have said it I remember I saw some nice shirts the other week and thought I'd go back and get a couple to use for that very purpose! Must get to the shops in the next week or so!

JabberJabber wrote:I did have a couple of feeding tops for the early days, but I think I remember feeling frumpy in them so gave up.
Some of them do look a bit funny with the straight bit across the front :lookround:

I did with all of mine. In the Summer I had nursing tshirts and vests and in Winter a few dresses but I mainly used my breast vest and Rooti Tooti vests under normal clothing.

Oh I'll have to google them, not sure what they are! Where did you get your dresses @Louise they may be a nice option for when we get to the UK with tights and boots?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:03 am

Ohhh those rooti tooti :bf: vests are funny :giggle: did you have the wrap ones or just the vests? Where is the best place to get them?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:04 am

clothmama wrote:Oh I'll have to google them, not sure what they are! Where did you get your dresses @Louise they may be a nice option for when we get to the UK with tights and boots?

I got the dresses from Asos and BellaMama.

clothmama wrote:Ohhh those rooti tooti :bf: vests are funny :giggle: did you have the wrap ones or just the vests? Where is the best place to get them?

Just the vests. They do look funny but are great.

Next

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning