hf1

Mucus in poop

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Mucus in poop

Postby clothsister » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:43 pm

so I showed a of mine the funny Pooh that Penelope is having as it's constant at the moment. She's having to be changed every hour at the moment. My friend who's baby has allergies said that she has mucus in her pooh and said j should get to gp. Going to get an appointment tomorrow just wanted to know if teething could cause this?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Mucus in poop

Postby ems101 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Can be caused by all sorts. I think after 3/4 days of diarrhoea you should check it out with a doc esp in a smalll baby x

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Blaines had mucus in his poop twice. First time he had gastroenteritis and the second was because he was sniffing back his snot so much. I'd deff be getting her checked out tho! Xx

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Going to gp tomorrow. Wasn't sure if I was just wasting their time to begin with. X

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:21 pm

clothsister wrote:Going to gp tomorrow. Wasn't sure if I was just wasting their time to begin with. X

Never worry about time wasting, Gps are there to deal with things like this and most of them will be more than happy to reassure you xx

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:15 am

@ems101 should I take a "sample" with me or just a picture? X

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:23 am

You could take a nappy with you but I would think they will just want your account.... Maybe @docmaggoo will know

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:35 am

I'd been putting it down to teething but it's at least 3 weeks now and no different, she's gone from 1-2 dirty nappies a day to 6-7 of these mucussy pooh's. X

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 pm

Got told I'm worrying too much and it's just her getting used to food in her gut!

Next

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning