hf1

Solids and unsettled stomach

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Solids and unsettled stomach

Postby PixieFix » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:19 am

Started giving EJ some solids about a week ago, just at lunch time and its been a combination of giving her bits of food to munch and some mashed up food (although even with the spoon she insists on doing it herself, hence the mash rather than puree). So far she has had cauliflower, banana (which gave her constipation), carrot and pear (to help with the constipation). She seems to enjoy it for the most part, especially banana and carrot. But since she ended up clogged up with banana she has been really uncomfortable. I haven't given her banana since and she has pooed but she still seems to be having stomach troubles, particularly last night and this morning. She is really complainy and when she is lying in the cot she is arching her back, throwing her legs in the air and I can feel her tummy tensing up :cry: I don't have a clue what to do and feel very useless to help!
She did eat more than she has ever done yesterday lunchtime, she had some carrot then a full bottle of milk and about 60ml of water. I was really surprised but she is usually so good at letting me know when she is done I let her carry on, but now I'm thinking maybe that's done it. Or could she still be constipated? Even though she pooed? Should I stop the solids for a few days or will that through her stomach into more confusion? So many questions :(

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Solids and unsettled stomach

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:30 am

I can't help on weather or not to stop solids for a few days but Blaine had huge problems with bananas! I stopped giving them till he was about 18 months as even a bite would make him constipated! I personally still gave solids but only offered him a tiny bit each day till his tum was better. Xx

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:40 am

Percy stole a sweet potato chip off of my plate on Saturday :shock: There was no way on earth he was letting me have that back; maybe he is trying yo tell me something :giggle:

(I'm currently pretending to be deaf though... :wink: )

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:44 am

@pixiefix, I think it is quite normal for a bit of tummy discomfort when first starting. Jacob certainly did. We were advised to keep going with small amounts but not to add new things in until it had settled. We also did tummy massage and leg pedalling, a blob of Vaseline on his bottom and a tiny bit of orange juice in lots of water (at least 1/10 dilution).
Hope she's feeling better soon

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Prune and pear puree worked well for us. It's v common though x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:31 pm

:eek: all this to come in a few weeks. He seems too little to eat though :giggle:

I agree with Ems, prune and pear always helps!

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning