hf1

Weaning nightmare #2

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Weaning nightmare #2

Postby cuppachaplz » Fri May 22, 2015 9:36 pm

@clothsister have you checked for a small tongue tie?
Jacob had thus same thing, and it needed snipping (actually he cut it on his teeth on the day if surgery, but hey ho...). It was too small to be noticed early on or cause a prob with BF, but it did stop him to be able to move food around his mouth. He got really frustrated. The only way we could feed him until it cut was to put the food tight at the back of his mouth. I actually agent appreciated how bad it was until feeding Percy this week.

Percy just started on solids. He hates purees, but demolishes out food or fork mashed things so long as they have taste and texture. Additional sensory needs?

Hoping you get it sorted x

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat May 23, 2015 6:06 am

@cuppachaplz she has her tt snipped 3 times as a newborn so I think it's connected to that somehow. I've got the HV coming next week to assess.

X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat May 23, 2015 8:49 pm

clothsister wrote:@cuppachaplz she has her tt snipped 3 times as a newborn so I think it's connected to that somehow. I've got the HV coming next week to assess.

X

Oh that is good Luc' that they are going to look into it so you don't have to stress on your own :hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:00 am

@clothsister how is Penny going? What did the HV say? When are you getting the celiac tests done?

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:17 pm

HV was lovely @clothmama but she has had to pass a referral to GP who now wants me to go back in (for the 3rd time) and see them before they'll refer for tests x

Previous

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning