hf1

Blocked duct?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Blocked duct?

Postby LynniferT » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:31 pm

I have what feels like a knot in my right breast :-?

It's uncomfortable to touch and feeding LO hasnt helped...any ideas how to get rid? Could it be a blocked duct?

I tried massaging while T was feeding and going to try a hot flannel in a mo :(

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Blocked duct?

Postby ems101 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Feed feed feed, massage, was bath and regular flannel. Just really jump on it quick if you start to feel fluey. Get your antibiotics for mastitis, and remind your gp they need to be suitable for breastfeeding xx

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:03 pm

T's gone to bed but will get him to feed from that side next time...he was really fussy feeding on my right today, must have been why.

Tried a hot flannel, it hurts to massage it but will keep trying :(

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:42 pm

Can you express a bit? I'm not sure about brufen. I can't ...remember. @clothmama @docmaggoo ideas for preventing mastitis? @clothsister, bf supporter

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:06 am

LynniferT wrote:T's gone to bed but will get him to feed from that side next time...he was really fussy feeding on my right today, must have been why.

Tried a hot flannel, it hurts to massage it but will keep trying :(

Ems has pretty much summed it up, feed as much as you can (start on that side every feed), massage as he is feeding. Have a hot shower and have the jets go on your boob and massage as it is doing it, sadly most UK showers I've been in have been woeful in terms of power so perhaps not quite as useful as in Oz or France! As Ems said if you feel at all achey or fluey do go and get seen asap as mastitis can hit so quickly nad really knock you about :hug:

Any better this morning @LynniferT ?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:24 am

No :(

I sat massaging it at 2am when T had his feed and it softened a bit but is rock hard and uncomfortable again now.

T due a feed soon as he wakes so will try again.

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:09 pm

Can you put s hot compress on around the breast whilst expressing?
I've put heat pads around the pump flange before now if it's not shifting.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:19 pm

I cant express as i sold on my pump as i wasnt using it (T has formula instead when needed) i have fed him all day rather than give him his one bottle and its still the same :(

Been massaging the best i can but T gets distracted from feeding when i try :doh: i also cant get a flannel to stay hot enough...trying shower again tomorrow.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:50 am

Oh no! Any other symptoms on your side, are you feeling OK? Hopefully you can clear it with a shower in the morning. You need to be quite firm with your massage too. Have you got a heat pack or even hot water bottle? Might be worth getting a heat pack, it will stay warm for longer than a flannel for you :hug:

Next

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning