hf1

Biting. Grr

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Biting. Grr

Postby LynniferT » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:52 am

So T thinks its ok to gum down/bite while hes feeding. He did it every feed yesterday apart from night ones and it's beginning to :x me!!

I've normally given up :bf: by now so not sure whether to put the biting down to sore gums (tooth only broke through yesterday) or whether its a habit i need to break (he did gum down before, its just he has sharp bits in them now!!)

I do intend to stop in the next month as i will be going back to work beginning of feb (i work evenings) so DH will need to feed him/put him to bed and T is very mummy/boob orientated at bedtime :giggle:

Any suggestions re nipping it the bud now?

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Biting. Grr

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:10 pm

When the youngest did that I just took her of and reattached so to speak :lol: she usually only did it at first and not after reattachment, but after a few weeks it got better. I :bf: until she was about 15 months and she did bite me a few times but it was worse when she had the first teeth :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:35 am

Sorry I thought I'd replied to this yesterday! I agree with Marie, the first teeth are the worst! I also just take him off he bites me say no sternly. I do get the occasional nip particularly if he is tired and in pain but it is few and far between (most days :roll: :giggle: ). Not something that I'd stop feeding for, I fed Louis until he was nearly 2.5 and it was only the early days of having teeth that he ever nipped too.

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Arghhh... Little bugger nipped me during his last feed before bed so i took him off, put him back on and he did it again so I assumed he had finished if he was messing about :x

Obviously didnt have enough milk as hes woken for another feed :(

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:21 pm

LynniferT wrote:Arghhh... Little bugger nipped me during his last feed before bed so i took him off, put him back on and he did it again so I assumed he had finished if he was messing about :x

Obviously didnt have enough milk as hes woken for another feed :(

I feel your pain, we've had 3 teeth through in the last month and I've had a good few nips :x I just remind myself that he is in pain and doesn't know how to deal with it - which of course doesn't help the fact it bloody hurts!!! :giggle: :bf: :hug:

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning