hf1

Dinner/lunch ideas

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Dinner/lunch ideas

Postby LynniferT » Thu May 12, 2016 11:09 am

I am fed up of making baby food, i have loads of pasta dinners i can do for T but want quick and easy stuff for lunch and dinner too... Help!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Dinner/lunch ideas

Postby clothmama » Thu May 12, 2016 1:39 pm

I never made him baby food really, just went straight to pasta / veg etc. Not sure if they are good (I'm bored of them :giggle: !) but usually he has ham and creme cheese sandwiches (I cut them up into small bite sized squares as he eats more!) if I've got time as part of a picky plate with cheese, tomatos and cucumber (won't eat!), beans (just tinned red / white / flageolet etc), avacado, corn etc. He adores pasta so we seem to live on that. I try to serve up a plate for him from our dinner which he then has for lunch or dinner the next day. He never liked soup but in the winter I did try to give him some of that for lunches!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Avo on toast, Mashed sardine on toast, scrambled egg, baked beans, soup, peanut butter sandwich, rice cakes with houmous, rye bread with butter/cheese/houmous. Nothing v exciting but all work!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Thu May 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Lunch was usually picky plates, cheese cubes, apple boats, fingers of bread and butter/cream cheese, cut up peppers, cucumber, died apricots, sardines on toast, hummus on toast, cheese on toast, scrambled egg on toast, beans on toast, wraps cut into round with cream cheese/ham, hmmmmmmmmmm can't think of any others at the moment :lookround: Australian woman weekly do a great kids food recipe book its called something like babies and toddlers good food it saved me many times when I got stuck in a food rut :widesmile:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Thu May 12, 2016 8:19 pm

I've tried him with scrambled egg and hes not keen :( should i keep trying him with it or do some babies not like the texture.

He had jammy wholemeal toast, cheese puffs, some grated cheese and a yoghurt today.

I have some recipes for jacket potato fillings which could be handy.

I just dont want him to get fed up of pasta :giggle: as its an easy one for me. Might change the shape of the pasta so it looks different.

If i make different pasta sauces, what could i add instead of pasta? Veg pieces? Rice?

He has spaghetti bolognese with us and cottage pie, stew etc but i seem to be giving him more pouch food than i want to (maybe 3 per week because i've run out of time to make stuff :doh:)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu May 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Couscous is really quick. I'd keep trying scrambled egg, try boiled mashed up a bit if Ness. Or wedges of omlette.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Broccoli or cauliflower cheese? Home made pizza? Veggie muffins,

3 per week isn't too bad at all! He's obs getting mostly homemade food. It's a tricky age. Xx

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Thu May 12, 2016 10:17 pm

What about things like wraps or pittas?
Jacket potato is a good idea too. I quite often put a potato in the oven if the oven is going on and then reheat the potato with beans, cheese or tuna the next day.
I ll have a think :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri May 13, 2016 6:09 am

I wish Rémy would eat jacket potatos - he has really gone of potatos and veg at the moment and seems to only want to eat pasta and sandwiches, driving me mad!

Next

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning