hf1

Back to work and breastfeeding

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Back to work and breastfeeding

Postby BekkiLB » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Okay, not fully back to work but I have 7 keeping in touch days coming up. I made a bit of a boo boo tho and booked 2 half days at the end of September when she I'll have only just started being offered food. She's a bottle refuser so now I'm feeling really panicked about it. My mum (who will be looking after her) said she can be spoon fed as a one off on those mornings and hopefully that along with getting some milk in with a cup will keep her going till I'm back but I'm really not convinced. And I can't cancel my KIT days as im worried I'm going to end up looking silly or unprofessional!

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Back to work and breastfeeding

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:19 am

Ditte was about 8 months when I went back to work and she didn't eat a full meal. She was about 7,5 months before she wanted anything but :bf: So I :bf: her as I handed her over to daycare in the morning and again as I picked her up. It went fine :thumbsup: They had some bottles of breastmilk just in case and she got that in a cup if needed (also refused bottles). How old is she when you are going back?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:33 am

Leon was attached to my boob permanently but when I wasn't there he was fine. He did 6.5 hours once a week with the childminder. He didn't eat but he would have a bottle. She has a sling so that helped xx

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:16 am

She will be 6.5 months. Everyone keeps telling me she will take the milk if she's really hungry. I'm tempted to offer her food early to give her more time to get the hand of it but I've read to much to feel totally comfortable!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:44 am

The thing is at 6.5 months she can eat food and will probably be quite happy taking porridge with milk / fruit puree by that point as she'll and as other have said when you are not there she'll be much happier taking EBM from a bottle or cup that if you are there. Honestly she'll be fine :hug: Can you do some shorter trail runs (just go and get yoru hair cut or something) to see how it goes?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:57 am

My mums looking after her a week on Monday for an hour while I take Blaine for his settling in session at nursery and again when I have my smear test. I'll need to leave her with Ryan for a practice once she does start solids as my mum doesn't have any more free days between her starting and me going to work. I really wish I'd organised this better! I'm sure I'm panicking over nothing but it's so hard to think of get getting upset and not being there for her but I imagine she will have her own coping techniques for with other people. I'm just so used to her being passed straight back!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:10 am

@BekkiLB completely understand - I dont' have anyone to leave Remy with so the other day when I went with dh to pick up our freezer he stayed with my mum and I was gone a couple of hours and it was weird as I've never left him that long before!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:16 am

I was never like this with the boys, everyone thinks I'm mad!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:39 am

Little devil! I went to my friends across the street the other day and left Clara with Daddy. Made a big song and dance about saying goodbye and that I'd see her later and she went to bed with daddy after having a bottle no problem and then had another bottle a few hours later, again with no fuss! Little sausage!!

Return to Breast feeding, Bottles, Solids and Baby Led Weaning