hf1

Eco Egg 720?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Eco Egg 720?

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:29 am

Browsing nappies and noticed this thingie.
Anyone using it/tried it?
What do you think?
Sounds like a brilliant thing but somehow I'm doubting about it.

It's here btw:
http://www.kingdomfluff.co.uk/cart/eco- ... p-1747.php

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Eco Egg 720?

Postby mangajude » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:26 am

We used the eco balls and they worked really well, so no reason why these wouldn't.

I might have to purchase some as my eco balls are on their way out.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:38 am

mangajude wrote:We used the eco balls and they worked really well, so no reason why these wouldn't.

I might have to purchase some as my eco balls are on their way out.

Did they work with nappies as well? Sounds fab if it does as I wouldn't give build up detergent.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:29 pm

You could perhaps try that for 4 out of every 5 washes so nappies still get the benefit of detergent every so often

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mangajude » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Yup, they worked really well with nappies, you do have to use a paste on really stained nappies that comes with the eco balls! We found nappies got worn out less and never had to do anything like strip wash because they're is nothing to build up!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 am

mangajude wrote:Yup, they worked really well with nappies, you do have to use a paste on really stained nappies that comes with the eco balls! We found nappies got worn out less and never had to do anything like strip wash because they're is nothing to build up!

That was the idea I had no stripping.
But rinsewise: only a prerinse and no normale one with nappies? Or did you do a normal cycle?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Rufies mama » Sun May 19, 2013 9:13 pm

I've just bought one of these and I'm pleased with it so far. When using detergent I used to wash on a 60c super quick cycle followed by extra rinses. Now I've just dropped the extra rinses which is nice. The washing all seems to be getting clean. The only draw back that I can see so far is that they don't smell of much, just a very faint scent. I'm now trying to think of a way to flavour my washing...

Return to Natural Living and the Environment