hf1

Slinged my 3.5 year old today!

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Slinged my 3.5 year old today!

Postby emmab16 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm really interested to read this as i'd love to carry ben sometimes but worry he's too big ..... After trying to go round town yesterday with e in the buggy & ben walking, it was really hard work & dh was with me! So bw does sound like a good option. I have been looking at the r&r and would like ur opinions pls!

Love the story about goose fair @queenbee

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:28 pm

I can easily carry pippa whos 3.5 and nearly 35lbs for a couple of hours in our r&r preschool. We got it as i was sick of taking the pushchair out for her to go in it for 30 mins. She likes being in it and dh has worn her as well. Were taking it to disneyland with us next month as im sure she will get tiered with all the walking. And it doesnt hurt my hip as i have dodgy joints and dont have any problems infact its better for me then just sitting hrr on my hip which used to kill me. I had a lovely comment from an old lady when i had pippa on my back and she said she wished they'ed made them when her children were little as we both looked so comfy

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:41 pm

We sling stink ALL the time. in fact, I really cant think of the last time we put him in a pram. I find it sooo convinant. He likes walking, but at 19m he cant walk for too long, so I would either have to push around an empty pram whilst trying to baby wrangle, or I would have to carry him when he got tired and that kills my back. I use SSC's like the R&R, or a short wrap. If I have a wrap, It shoves in my handbag, or I use it as a scarf. The ssc is a little more bulky, but it is easier to use than a wrap if you havent used one before. Stink might only be 19m, but he is the size of most 3 year olds so we have to use a pre-school R&R.
Have a look out for your locan sling meet. You might be able to try one there for free to see how you go on, or failing that, there are a lot of sling libraries who often offer postal loans at a small fee.
Here are some pics from the wedding we went to at the weekend. and yes, I did co-ordinate the sling with my dress :giggle:

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:22 pm

emmab16 wrote:I'm really interested to read this as i'd love to carry ben sometimes but worry he's too big ..... After trying to go round town yesterday with e in the buggy & ben walking, it was really hard work & dh was with me! So bw does sound like a good option. I have been looking at the r&r and would like ur opinions pls!

Love the story about goose fair @queenbee

@emmab16

Next time we meet up I'll bring my r&r s and you can have a play. If I can carry Lily, you can carry Ben. They are about the same age. I'll show you my mei tais too -I can carry either Lily or Joseph in them, so they are very adaptable.

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:25 pm

@queenbee that sounds great !! I'll let you know next time i'm coming to playgroup :)

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:43 pm

@emmab16 Can you make it this Friday? It's Joseph's birthday so I'll be bringing :cake:

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:08 pm

@queenbee I think i will ! Not just for the cake obviously!!!

X

Previous

Return to Prams, Slings and Things