hf1

Decisions, decisions! Which sling to choose?

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Decisions, decisions! Which sling to choose?

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:00 am

I am looking to buy a new sling, but can't decide which! On the cards are: Gira northern lights, Gira anemone, Gira ardent or Didy indio aqua/zyclame with hemp, all quite different!
@red_dwarf, tagging you as you seem to be our resident sling guru! :widesmile: Do you have any idea how the indio will compare thickness wise? I had to part with a walter's organic because I found it too thick to tie securely.
Help! :doh:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Decisions, decisions! Which sling to choose?

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 am

Ive not had an indio so cant share my personal opinion on them (on my list of wants hehehe). I love love love my northern lights tho. The colours are amazing, and its a very comfy wrap.
Hemp can sometimes be quite a beast to break in, so if it isnt broken in, it might take a lot of work to get it nice and soft, so you may have similar problems as you did with the walters. Giras are cotton, so break in easier, but have a tendency to be slubby, which doesnt effect the wrap, but some people dont like the rougher look of them.
the hemp would be more suitable for toddlers and up as more supportive than cotton.
so its really about what you are lookign for in a wrap. if you want something thats easier to tie, softer sooner, then get the gira. If you want something that will last you maybe slightly longer, but could be a beast to begin with, then get the indigo :)

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 am

I think I'm gonna go for the northern lights, a pretty rainbow for my little Dorothy! :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am

Good choice! I've just sold our NL as sadly M won't be wrapped anymore :cry: . Its a beautiful wrap.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 am

EeeeK! Excited, the seller has told me she will be posting it this morning, so I should get it tomorrow! :yahoo:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:49 pm

I have a size 2 fringed NL, and it is one of my faves. Its super blankety soft, a dream to wrap with, and its really pretty hehehe. Plus I can use it as a scarf when not wrapping with it

Return to Prams, Slings and Things