hf1

What to choose?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

What to choose?

Postby sim » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:25 pm

I want to venture into the world of woven wraps with #2 (I think!)

I have a Moby, a babyhawk and a Connecta I used with Ewan, in conjunction with a pushchair.
I am planning to carry #2 a lot more often and quite like the versatility that seems possible with a woven. I am quite taken with the Girasol Amitola which I think is 100% cotton - would this be ok in warmer weather or should I look for something lighter?

Also, what size to get? I am (bump and boobs aside) currently about a size 12 (aiming to get back to a 10 eventually). What size wrap would be versatile and not too difficult for someone who has only wrapped with a stretchy before? I'm not fond of bits of fabric trailing around so was thinking a 6 might be a good option?

@red_dwarf

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What to choose?

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:59 pm

A size 6 would be perfect for you.

I'm a big fan of Lenny lamb wraps as starter wraps - they are lovely and soft from new, affordable and easy to get hold of.

As for carries - I would learn a front wrap cross carry first and once you've got to grips with that, then learn others as you need too. The fwcc is the closest one to what you do with a stretchy wrap

Amitola is a beautiful wrap though!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 pm

@docmaggoo I've read that about Lenny Lambs, but none of them really jump out at me :oops:

I've got some money from my mum to spend on Smudge and, as we have a lot of stuff from Ewan already, I can splash out a bit on a wrap :D though I'm not indulging in some of the hugely expensive slings I've seen out there! I'm keen to try a HB carrier once baby is older, but that can wait.
I've also got time to break a new wrap in as I'll use the moby for the first month or two.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:40 pm

@sim
sounds like a good plan! My first woven was a didymos burgandy pfau! I adore it!

Other favourites of mine are girasol rainbow springs, and natibaby pao!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:00 pm

I :love: my Girasol northern lights. Super soft for a squish but strong enough for a toddler. Before that I had an Ellaroo, which is fine for hot weather, but I just couldn't get the hang of back carries with it.
I also have a ring sling, a ssc, and a mei tai, but I love the versatility of the woven. (I also have a custom made podaegi coming in a couple of months, I think I have an addiction! :giggle: )

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:12 pm

I love my Girasol, I have a cherry pie and its fab. I'm lusting after amitola too for a conversion HB I have in mind. Its a lurverly wrap.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:24 pm

@aimeet
Which weft are you fancying?
I'm liking blue and purple but leaning towards blue as it is slightly lighter and a bit more boyish.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:43 pm

I think its between black or purple for me, be warned there blue is very hard to find. I asked about it on the fb group and was given the 'you'll be lucky' response :( it was a limited release but apparently there are more due out in June that haven't been snapped up on the preorders yet so keep your eyes peeled.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 pm

Isn't the blue weft Azul Capitan?
I've found a website with it apparently stock in several sizes...not in the UK, but shipping isn't within the EU isn't extortionate.
Perhaps I'm missing something....

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things