hf1

Who are our resident baby wearers at the moment?

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Who are our resident baby wearers at the moment?

Postby Jellybelly6 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Me although he is not a baby any more at three and a bit.

I have a Rose and Rebellion buckles. It is comfy but I find it a pest to get on. I am not sure I totally love it, I had a mei tai before that which I liked better. I had a ring sling when he was tiny which I really liked but my hips didn't.

I think if I did it again I would learn to wrap but that will not be happening so I shall have to wait for grandchildren which will not be any time soon :giggle:
Last edited by Jellybelly6 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:07 pm

:wave:
I ve got a Moby, a baba sling ( my first introduction to carrying which is pretty uncomfy but does the job), and a standard and a toddler Rose and rebellion.

I currently use the standard R & R and baba sling daily.
I know I would like wraps but I don t think I dare get one especially with this being my last bubba.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:13 pm

mrsm4 wrote:Not me :-( but slightly ot I'm decorating the boys room
And found bens sling toy we had its a wooden train on a clip with a couple of bells would anyone like it ? X

Yes please if no one else has got there first :thumbsup:

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Fab :-) pm me your address and I'll pop in the post this week x

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:07 pm

:wave: we Baby wear. I have 2 wovens, a 6 and a 4, a close parent stretchy, a cheap buckles, a babaloola mei tai, a ring sling and a baby bjorn style which I use for the sling meet to show how people can use a scarf to get a better hip position.

my excuse for the amount of slings is that I run the local meet ;)

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Me :) i still wear Jakey when i can Tom not so much anymore, I've enjoyed carrying them in various wovens,stretches,buckles,mai teis ( :oops: i am a recovering sling addict :giggle: ) i have now settled on a toddler full buckle and a shorty woven for quick carries now the boys are bigger :)

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:01 pm

I use wovens mostly with ds2 (a 6 and a 4) but used a babyhawk with ds1. And a Yamo that I can't get on with but is fine for my dh, and I used to use a pouch sling for up and down the stairs (we're in a flat) but tend to do a rebozo this time as I'll be taking the sling out anyway, although the tails are really long! I couldn't cope without :bw: :D

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Very happy since we got our Manduca SSC in September - we even took Junior up Snowdon in it at the end of October :D Not to say it gets used every day, but pretty often and we wouldn't be without it.

We used a Close Parent stretchy (one that you put on like a jumper and then adjustusing the rings, does that make sense?) when he was small, but then he got a bit heavy for it.

I still have a very firm woven from VictoriaSlingLady that's never actually been used, but I dyed purple that I should think about selling.

My avatar
Lessa
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Lessa » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Yep. Wore DS to about a year old, hubby did for longer. We have a 4month old daughter now as well and are doing it again, does anyone have some suggestions of slings that are affordable and non-stretch, that would fit a broad man and also myself?

PreviousNext

Tag Words

All tags for this topic

Return to Prams, Slings and Things