hf1

Who are our resident baby wearers at the moment?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Who are our resident baby wearers at the moment?

Postby sim » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 am

I know quite a few of us baby wear but I've kind of lost track!

Come and say hi and let us know what type of carrier you use.

I carried DS1 (Ewan, nearly 5) from newborn and the same for DS2 (Lachlan 10 months)

I've used a moby wrap with both boys as teenys and now have a few wovens and a beco soleil. The beco is really for DH but I find it handy for quick carries or when it is a bit wet out and I don't want to trail a wrap in the mud!

What have you got? What do you love and what do you covet?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Who are our resident baby wearers at the moment?

Postby littlesez » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:40 am

I still have the same three slings from Izzy! A stretchy wrap which gets loaned out to curious new mums :twisted: a maya tie and a silk ring sling which ripped and is currently being turned into another double layer ring sling. I also have a plain black carrier which was made for rob but he never uses it :evil:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 am

Me! I use a mai tai - a Kozy carrier in owl print.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:55 am

Gimmie a few more weeks and i will be again! Im planning on using my closeparent one. Its worked well for the others. Id like to carry for longer this time. I have a boba3g which was good for james but i found him too heavy to carry after he was 1. I dont know if its the carrier or me... I see @gilbertandmartha carrying still, so i know its not impossible!!

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby mrsm4 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Not me :-( but slightly ot I'm decorating the boys room
And found bens sling toy we had its a wooden train on a clip with a couple of bells would anyone like it ? X

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Yup I'm stil babywearing. I wish we were walking to more places so I could do it more. But the last time Lola was in the stroller she managed to get out, so I may have to start using the sling even more :yahoo:

I used a mei tai when Lola was little, and then went onto an Ergo. Then I've been trying a couple of different ones out, my favourite at the moment is my Boba 4G (no real differences with the 3G I think), and I do have a Tula.

I can easily carry Riley in the boba or the Tula. She's about 32lbs at the moment, I can do Lockie in the Tula but I can really feel his weight on my hips. He's about 40lbs +.

Lola is comfiest in the boba, the Tula is quite high on her back and only her neck and head is out of the back.

@ems101 in my 'expert' opinion :giggle: if you're carrying heavier kids you need to have the waist strap done up really tight, so all the weight goes there. Its the same concept with a heavy rucksack. Its one of the things I don't tend to do because it squishes my belly fat up and looks bad.... so I put up with the hip pain :hohoho:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:19 pm

We're still babywearing at nearly 3yrs old! :yahoo:
Eleanor still loves a rest on my back after we've been out for a while.

I've got:
5 woven wraps
1 ring sling
1 baby Mei tai
1 toddler half buckle
1 one-size pod

Eleanor has 2 Didymos toy woven wraps, a mummy made Mei tai, full buckle and a ring sling
:bw:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm here! I have a newborn and a 2.5 year old and I wear both everyday :) I'm into wovens and have about 30 (!) ranging from cheap home-made single layer silk ring slings to fancy smancy pant limited editions long wraps. I wear plain colour clothes and use my slings to add pizzazz to my outfit so I love them and all my ringslings are used as scarves and blankets too x

wait! I do have a carrier just not used yet. it's a Simply Meitai conversion using girasol northern lights with star applique. just need to get newborn growing to fit ;-)

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Me I carry. O th boys still Ryan in a woven and Ross in a full buckle and woven. I'm looking for a 6 and a 3 so I can do a quick ruk. :bw:

Next

Tag Words

All tags for this topic

Return to Prams, Slings and Things