hf1

Slings for a summer newborn?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Slings for a summer newborn?

Postby sim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:32 am

clothmama wrote::love: that boy that made me reallllllly want another baby :giggle: @sim I blame you for my current state :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

:giggle: Do I have to explain the birds and the bees to a midwife ;)

In the Aussie heat I'd go for a thin ring sling rather than a long wrap - less layers! They look pretty easy to make - I'll find you the tutorial I like the look of later.

You can also get water slings for swimming.

I'd also suggest getting a good UV golf umbrella for shade so you can keep you and baby under cover when out and about. Or an absolutely enormous hat ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:38 am

sim wrote::giggle: Do I have to explain the birds and the bees to a midwife ;)

Weeeeeeellll :giggle: :giggle:

sim wrote:In the Aussie heat I'd go for a thin ring sling rather than a long wrap - less layers! They look pretty easy to make - I'll find you the tutorial I like the look of later.

That is what I'm thinking although here on the south coast it can still be not that hot through late November, early December, often not really getting hot until January so I think I'll still get plenty of use out of my new stretchy wrap :)

sim wrote:Or an absolutely enormous hat ;)

I get too confused trying to carry an umbrella at the best of times let alone in the heat with a baby :hohoho: :hohoho: :hot: I wonder where I can get a ginourmous hat?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:00 am

@clothmama Babaloola ship to Australia. She's a friend of mine and sells lots of her hats to Aussie families. I think she's on Easy as well as Facebook. Both my boys wear her hats and with Ex being so fair, they offer amazing protection.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:02 am

sim wrote:You can also get water slings for swimming.

@sim just spotted one of these on Gumtree at a great price so I think I'll grab it, great for showers and swimming!

Also found a woven wrap that is a great price and unused. i hope it is OK, I haven't been able to find any reviews but can't really justify spending $100+ on a gorgeous one (I'd really really love a Didymos for example!) until I know for sure that we get on with a long woven wrap. It is a La poche a kangourou - a French brand, 5.2 metre one in kind of blue and beige stripes so I figure it will be great to give us a feel for them and see if we like it and I can upgrade to something I love later!

Still planning on a ring sling, would love to find some fabric like the Calin Bleu one you have posted Sim but not really been able to find any :-? so I can make my own.

Would really love one of those Breeze batik ones you posted @Louise and @Mumof5 but just dont' want to spend $80 until I'm sure :oops: !

Ahhhh too many decisions!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:24 pm

@sim was that a woven or a ring sling that you had the little man in when we saw you, I can't remember what it was but I liked the look of it!! I seem to remember it was a woven wrap in bluish stripes?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:46 pm

It was a 100% cotton woven wrap @clothmama
Girasol Amitola capitan azul - stripes with a blue weft

I love it :love: but should probably sell it as I'm not really wrapping much at all anymore.

Previous

Return to Prams, Slings and Things