hf1

Phil & Teds Smart - who has one?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Phil & Teds Smart - who has one?

Postby Dora » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:32 pm

ok-it's 110cm long from the very tip of the handle bar tallest point and to the very outermost tip of the front wheel when folded so the maximum length therefore. the width is from the one rear mud guard to the other so the width at its very maximum is just shy of 58cm(note that the pram is *way* narrower than this in itself). hope this helps xx
Last edited by Dora on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:47 pm

Dora wrote:ok-it's 110cm long from the very tip of the handle bar tallest point and to the very outermost tip of the front wheel when folded so the maximum length therefore. the width is from the one rear mud guard to the other so the width at its very maximum is (not the pram is *way narrower than this in itself) just shy of 58cm. hope this helps xx

Thanks so much for that @Dora . Wow that is sooooooooo much bigger than they make out on their site :evil: I'd be better off going back to my original plan I think as the Oyster is smaller than that and I much prefer the seat!

They haven't got back to me so I guess the person who went yesterday got that one anyway!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:35 am

that's ok :) make sure you get 'real' measurements from an oyster owner then too so you have the direct comparison :) xx

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:38 am

and I also corrected the typos and order of what I was trying to say before. utter gibberish-never type when tired is the lesson x

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:39 pm

I'll get the oyster out tonight and measure. What measurements do you want? X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Thanks @Dora
Dora wrote:that's ok :) make sure you get 'real' measurements from an oyster owner then too so you have the direct comparison :) xx
Good point!!! I'm not sure who they get to do the measurements that they publish :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

clothsister wrote:I'll get the oyster out tonight and measure. What measurements do you want? X

Length, depth and width please Luc' @clothsister with wheels on!!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:43 am

OK so I finally found some online measurements that match what Dora said and it says that it is only 20cm deep as opposed to for example the Oyster which is 40cm deep with similar other sizes!

I have just had a text back from the girl and I'm going to go and look on Monday, I think it will be perfect for the early days with the bassinet and if I want to change to the Oyster later I can always sell the Smart and get an Oyster later!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 am

LynniferT wrote:here is a little review here that might help with photos etc... http://ourhappylittlevegemites.blogspot ... eanut.html

I googled it as i didnt know what one looked like, i still love looking a buggies even tho DD is nearly 4 (can you say pramaholic :giggle: )

Thanks @LynniferT that is a good run down and she said you can fold it with the seat on in rear facing which I didn't think I could do! @Dora can you do it on yours?

clothmama wrote:
Dora wrote:@clothmama I will do so once it's out the boot :) don't really understand the use of measurements without the wheels as they're not removable! I shall measure from the very tip of the handbar to the lowest point of the wheel...in cm x

That makes even less sense then, I presumed that there was easily removable wheels (which some of them have!).

Dora - are you sure your wheels dont' come off? On mine they do - there is a tiny silver button and they just come straight off really easily :yahoo: makes such a difference to the width and fitting in boots etc!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:06 am

You might have the v2. I have the earlier version which requires you to stab something into a gap-not quite a silver button and in my manual is really only for wheel replacement :) it's a faff but I have a big car so not an issue whatsoever anyway xx

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things