hf1

Phil and Teds Peanut or any bassinet question!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Phil and Teds Peanut or any bassinet question!

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 am

This probably sounds like a really dumb question for a third time mum but it has been so long I just can't remember :oops: In the bassinet that I have with my pram (P & T Peanut) there are 2 little rings which the only thing I can think of is that they are for clipping a harness onto. There is nothing with it and I can find no mention of a harness that I can find anywhere on any website. Do they need to be strapped in (even just a simple waist one) when they are tiny and in a bassinet on the pram? I'm sure it would be fine most of the time but what happens when you are going up and down stairs etc if they are not strapped in. Am I over-thinking the whole thing :lookround: :giggle: ? I don't want my tiny baby falling out! :bw: Did you have a strap that you used in lie flat or bassinet mode?

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Phil and Teds Peanut or any bassinet question!

Postby mamavan2 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:58 am

I googeld for a manuel and they are for a harness :) . I have started using a harness when my little girl started to roll. But I don't have to climb the stairs with here in the bassinet.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:08 am

My p&t cocoon that I had with the sport, vibe & navigator strapped in with velcro onto rings in that areal so you could probably use them for that as well. x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:10 am

mamavan2 wrote:I googeld for a manuel and they are for a harness :) . I have started using a harness when my little girl started to roll. But I don't have to climb the stairs with here in the bassinet.

Thanks @mamavan2 not sure wether to get one or not?

What does everyone else do with their newborns when in a pram do you strap them in?

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:31 am

All prams have the clips now. We specifically went everywhere trying to get them when we had Chloe only for someone to point out that by the time baby is big enough to move, sit up unaided etc... They most definitely won't be in the pram bit anymore. They just have to be there to conform with h&s standards.

X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:45 am

clothsister wrote:All prams have the clips now. We specifically went everywhere trying to get them when we had Chloe only for someone to point out that by the time baby is big enough to move, sit up unaided etc... They most definitely won't be in the pram bit anymore. They just have to be there to conform with h&s standards.

X

So do you strap Penny in when she is in the bassinet mode @clothsister ?

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:50 am

No. It's a lovely deep bassinet and until she can sit up from lying unaided there seems no reason to. All the people I know that have had children and bassinets have never seen anyone use the clips. You'll be fine. We did buy a set of reins which you can use to clip in to bassinets for when we had Chloe but we've never used them. Can keep them to one side and give them to you when you come over if you like. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:53 am

OK so I reckon I'm fretting over nothing (what is it with these pregnancy :pregnant: hormones I've become a worry wart and anyone would think I'd never had a baby before :giggle: ). Possibly because it is my last baby so I want everything to be perfect :oops: :lookround:

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Image Image I only used an harness on the bassinet when both of mine could sit up. We had a coach built silver cross and an emmaljunga with bassinet and my 2 tiny babies were in that till over 9 months. Luckily both had a headrest that also sat up so when using that they were harnessed in but not as tiny babies @clothmama I am not sure if you can see it in the pictures I have uploaded. X

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things