Do I need. . . . .

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Do I need. . . . .

Postby clothmama » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:50 am

.................. a rain cover for my capsule? I'm going to get a Cabriofix when we come to the UK because it goes on my pram. I've noticed lots of raincovers for sale to fit on them. Not something I've ever had / used but never had a clip on capsule for the pram either nor been in the UK in winter with a new born!!!

Do you / did you have one? Did you use it? Should I bother? I'm trying to get everything I need before mat leave which is now very close!!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Do I need. . . . .

Postby g murphy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:30 am

i did, purely cos of having a winter baby with Naimh. It meant I cold put it on when we got her ot of the car in the seat,so she didn't wake up. I didn't use the baby seat on the pram cos I hate babies in them all day as it is bad for their spine, Naimh did have a massive hard bodied carry cot on her pram though so we either used that or the coach built silver cross pram.

but raincover for infat car seat/ capsule for a winter baby in the uk? would say yes. x

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Yep we didn't have one last time and found it really frustrating so made sure we had one this time x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Never had one here with any of my 4 haven't missed it so I wouldn't bother personally.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:28 pm

Depends.... Am I right in thinking that whilst you re here it will be used as a car seat and pram? If so then it is pretty handy to keep the wind out if nothing else. Obviously handy to keep the rain out too ;)
If just lifting to and from the car then I wouldn't bother, you can always pop a blanket over the handle for a quick dash ;)

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mamavan2 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 pm

I like raincovers in the winter to keep the wind out. I don't use it for short in the car out the car moments. I like the cabriofix footmuf too :D .

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Nahhh, you will be slinging too much to bother I bet xxx leon is 20 months old and never ever needed a rain cover xxd

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Hmmmm very mixed replies! :giggle:
g murphy wrote:I didn't use the baby seat on the pram cos I hate babies in them all day as it is bad for their spine
Yep absolutely, wouldn't use if for long outings but so handy with a sleeping baby just if nipping out to the shops quickly etc.
confusinglady wrote:Am I right in thinking that whilst you re here it will be used as a car seat and pram?

I'll have the Peanut bassinet as well if we are out with the pram for longer trips and I have a raincover which I think works on the seat and the bassinet (actually I should check that!)
mamavan2 wrote:I like the cabriofix footmuf too :D
Oh my @mamavan2 she looks so snug and cosy in that :giggle:
littlesez wrote:Nahhh, you will be slinging too much to bother I bet xxx leon is 20 months old and never ever needed a rain cover xxd

See I'm really planning on :bw: :bw: as much as I can (presuming we both love it) so this is a really good point.

I think I may just leave it and see how it goes when we are there, I'm sure they are quick enough to order! At least I have an idea of if the rest of you do or not :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:43 am

:thumbsup:

I ve only used a rain cover for the school run (currently have to drive) when Bob was asleep and didn t want him to wake up ;)
I used the rain cover from my buggy though which wasn t meant to fit or anything but did the job :thumbsup:
So if you have any kind of cover I wouldn't bother getting another.

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things