hf1

What woven wrap would you get as a gift? Update pg 3.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What woven wrap would you get as a gift? Update pg 3.

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 am

Ahhh OK, just wasnt' sure which way round you meant - so you agree with the other lady I was reading about! That makes me doubly glad I have got the woven now if it becomes too hot to wear the stretchy some days! Mine is a Liberty sling (as is in the UK, sold under a different name here but with that tag on it :giggle: ) I had to say what length I wanted and I wrote and said I wasn't sure and said my size etc. I didn't get a reply, just the sling so hope it is OK :giggle: :bw: I wasn't very pregnant when I tried it on (fatter though I guess :hohoho: )

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:29 am

Definitely stretchy is hotter - in the way a 100% cotton top is cooler than one of the same weight with polyester etc in it.

There are also many more ways of wrapping with a woven and some with fewer passes (layers) over you and baby, which will be cooler.

Just remember to think of the wrap as a clothing layer for both of you, so wear less IYSWIM?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:40 am

sim wrote:Just remember to think of the wrap as a clothing layer for both of you, so wear less IYSWIM?

You know what it is like here though when very hot, all you can manage is the thinnest of singlets :giggle: :hot: I'll just have to accept there will be days I can't wear him! But yes I'll try to remember that - thanks!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What woven wrap would you get as a gift?

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:08 pm

clothmama wrote:@Mumof5 I saw from an old post that you have a vatanai and were really impressed with it, do you still love it?

:wave: Yes, I love it! Don't see much talk of Vatanai these days, but ours is definitely Permastash! So soft, but supportive and I love the generous length.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What woven wrap would you get as a gift?

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:14 am

Mumof5 wrote:
clothmama wrote:@Mumof5 I saw from an old post that you have a vatanai and were really impressed with it, do you still love it?

:wave: Yes, I love it! Don't see much talk of Vatanai these days, but ours is definitely Permastash! So soft, but supportive and I love the generous length.

That is good to hear if I decide I need one later @Mumof5 :giggle: :bw: :bw: Lovely to see you back!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:14 am

And only 3 more sleeps until my baby shower when I'll get my wrap :yahoo: :yahoo: :bw: :bw: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:50 am

Just sling him naked :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:45 am

littlesez wrote:Just sling him naked :giggle:

:eek: no that wouldn't be pretty :hohoho: :hohoho:

Previous

Return to Prams, Slings and Things