hf1

What woven wrap would you get as a gift? Update pg 3.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What woven wrap would you get as a gift?

Postby sim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:56 am

@clothmama a second hand one will be much easier to wrap with.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:02 pm

sim wrote:@clothmama a second hand one will be much easier to wrap with.

I know @sim and that was why I originally looking for one, but how lovely to have a lovely new one as a gift from my colleagues :love: :bw: I've got time to break it in anyway because I'm guessing I'll use the stretchy one most in the early weeks :bw:

Dora wrote:@clothmama aww...I hope it isnt. They had a fab selection of the amitola's when I was looking before. I've got a black weft ring sling :) x

They do thanks- and the photos are great - I loved the azul pacifica pic that I posted early in the thread but they have many more pics and actually I think it is a bit too bright blue and I think I'll be happier with the purple weft one. I'm so excited, just need to remember to talk to the lady organising the baby shower now that I have my cunning plan :giggle: Post was €24 so i think it would work out around the same price all up but I can get the purple weft here so that will be easy. I had a really good look through as they have the most amazing range and I think this is the one I want, as much as I love some of the Didymos ones :love: - if I had a girl there would be no discussion I would have to have the blossom one!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:35 pm

:x :x :x :x :x :x my laptop crashed yesterday with all the tabs open of my research and the site I found with the instock one and now I can't find it!! :x I need to go to bed!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 pm

:yahoo: :yahoo: :bw: :yahoo: :yahoo: I spoke to the lady who is organising everything and she loved the idea. She asked me to order it as she has no idea what I'm talking about :giggle: So last night I ordered a purple weft girasol amitola and it's getting sent to her house to be there ready for my baby shower :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: so excited :bw: :thumbsup:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 pm

NICE! You cant but be happy with something as cheery as an amitola :love: x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:58 pm

And only 64 sleeps until I get my baby to put in it :yahoo: :yahoo: :bw: :bf: :pregnant:

I read somewhere the other day that stretchy wraps are much hotter than a woven wrap, is this true? Will I end up actually using this more than my stretchy if it is hot as soon as he is born?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What woven wrap would you get as a gift? Update pg 3.

Postby Dora » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:08 am

Hmm. Personal opinion really-I find them hotter because you have to wrap them quite tight to get the correct amount of support. So I guess in the same a thin but tight top is hotter than a thick but looser fitting top? Stretchies tend to be a size 7 so a lot of material which gets that bit longer when stretched out and needs to be tied somewhere...
As a general rule when wearing I treat that as an extra layer and downscale my clothes accordingly x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:25 am

Dora wrote:I find them hotter because you have to wrap them quite tight to get the correct amount of support.
You mean the woven hotter @Dora ?
Dora wrote:Stretchies tend to be a size 7 so a lot of material which gets that bit longer when stretched out and needs to be tied somewhere...

I don't think my stretchy is that long, I think I ordered the wrong size TBH :oops: it only just does up on me with it in the front hold position :oops: I'm hoping I'll be able to wear it as soon as I've had the baby and still have a baby belly or I'll have to wear the Girasol straight up! I'll go and measure my stretchie, I need to wash it anyway so might do that while I have it out.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:41 am

@Clothmama no-I find the stretchy hotter. Mine was a heavy jersey. Remember that your baby will be way smaller than a pregnant belly and that baby will also be worn much higher (close enough to kiss) so it'll be way longer than you think :) Most dont have a size option tbh-they're one length x

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things