hf1

Do I need a mai tei or SSC as well as my woven?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Do I need a mai tei or SSC as well as my woven?

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:06 am

So I had a Mei Tei with Louis and loved it :bw: :love: (although didn't start until he was nearly 2 :doh: :cry: ). I've got a stretchy and the work girls have got me a woven wrap (Girasol) too. Will I still want a mei tei, or a SSC? I'm just not sure if it is one of those things where we'll want to use different slings for different situations.

If you have numerous slings what types do you have and would you have the same again?
What situations do you use the different sorts? For example if you are going out walking all day would you use a woven or would a Mei Tei or SSC be better?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Do I need a mai tei or SSC as well as my woven?

Postby sim » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:40 am

We tend to take our SSC out when we are both going to carry L as C doesn't do wraps.
I wrapped exclusively while on mat leave but at 18months I'm really only using the SSC on family days out or a size 2 wrap as a no sew ring sling for ups and downs. When shopping I am using the pushchair. I'd quite like to get a half buckle conversion with wrap straps but the cost is prohibitive.
I did use a mei tai with both boys when they were little and we were travelling as it was quicker to get on and off at airport security than a wrap.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Will mrc be slinging?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:50 pm

littlesez wrote:Will mrc be slinging?

Yes he will - he loves it :bw: :D he happily tried on and practiced with the stretchy and Louis gorilla the other week :giggle: :bw: :love:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:11 am

littlesez wrote:Will mrc be slinging?

@littlesez why you asking :lookround: ?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:26 am

It doesn't matter because he is ok with the stretchy, rob wasn't confident with wrapping so I got him a ssc. But if joel can so stretchy and woven sounds like you are sorted. Xxx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:19 am

sim wrote:I did use a mei tai with both boys when they were little and we were travelling as it was quicker to get on and off at airport security than a wrap.

So I've been pondering this in the middle of the night when awake with my back pain. If I'm/we're wearing him :bw: when we get to customs do we have to take him off us :shock: :shock: ? I've never travelled with a very small baby so I'm not sure how it all works. Surely we can just walk through the machine with him on :bw: ? They aren't going to make us put him on the conveyor belt and he can't walk on his own :lookround: . Love from confused in Kiama :giggle: :giggle: @sim
So does that mean you have a size 6 and a size 2 and a Mei Tei and a SSC?
littlesez wrote:It doesn't matter because he is ok with the stretchy, rob wasn't confident with wrapping so I got him a ssc. But if joel can so stretchy and woven sounds like you are sorted. Xxx

Well hopefully he'll be good when we actually get to doing it! What SSC have you got and what else do you have @littlesez ?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:06 am

I have always been made to take off slings etc at airport security, even when they were sleeping. Very annoying but pointless arguing. When L was tiny I had a stretchy, a size 6 woven and a mei tai and a SCC both from when E was small.

I currently have two 6s, a 4, a 2 and a SSC as well as the stretchy stashed away somewhere. I do need to sell some!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:40 pm

I have a sentimental sling (don't ask!) Gets very occasional usee now even though I would use it all the time if I could.

I have a ring sling I Wang to love but nothing compares to aforementioned most fave sling in the universe

I have a beautiful stretchy keeping for next bubs

A SSC plain black made for Rob he doesn't bloody use it, so annoyed I could have got a fancy one and smaller , so it's no good for me really.

And my lovely Maya tie which is my best sling for long walks :)

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things