hf1

Size 7 woven

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Size 7 woven

Postby clothsister » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:36 pm

so I'm thinking of buying a woven as I bloody love the one I have borrowed from a friend. I need a size 7 minimum and there doesn't seem that many around second hand. I can get a Lenny Lamb size 7 for £35 but I think I'd love one broken in.

How do you break in a woven if you do buy new?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Size 7 woven

Postby sim » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Wash it, iron it, make a hammock around the dining table for children to sit in, sit on it, braid it, run it through sling rings or around a newel post, wrap with it...

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:11 pm

I've heard that lenny lamb are pretty soft put of the packaging. I have a ll ergo and it was soft and squishy straight away.

To break in a wrap, wash it straight away, let it dry then iron it. You can then braid it, use it as a hammock, run it through the bars of a cot or chair. Basically, be rough with it. I found pulling it backwards and forwards around the columns of the chair back softened my wraps best.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm

We've received a woven wrap that needs breaking in, so I have been letting the boys have a bit of rough and tumble with it. They are using it to play with for all sorts of strange games, wrapping each other up and dragging it around.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:12 pm

@Bugglyboo I'm thinking Lenny lamb as they don't seem that expensive and they're oh so pretty!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:59 pm

clothsister wrote:@Bugglyboo I'm thinking Lenny lamb as they don't seem that expensive and they're oh so pretty!

I was going to go with one of them until work wanted something to get for me and I went for a girasol! So so so gutted I forgot it and left it in the UK :doh: because I was really keen to start using it while we were away :( . Can't wait to try it out though, was looking forward to having your help to get it on!

Return to Prams, Slings and Things