Has anybody used a cocconababy nest?

My avatar
musdih
Clothie
Clothie

Has anybody used a cocconababy nest?

Postby musdih » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:20 pm

Hi again girls
Im getting close to my due date and alays in my impatience start buying weird and wonderful things out of broodiness
Ive seen the cocoonababy nest in john lewis and reviews seem to be favourable but id like 'real parenting' mamas views on this as to whether or not I should be swayed by all that im reading - after all it costs a lot and I really do not want to waste precious money on a gimmick
So am i thinking hormonally or is it really as good as they say??
http://www.cocoonababy.com.au/

THank you ladies

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Has anybody used a cocconababy nest?

Postby Bugglyboo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:32 pm

I've seen a product similar at afar cheaper price. Possibly a popplepod or something like that.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:16 pm

We had a poddlepod was excellent we now have a toddlepod too.

My avatar
musdih
Clothie
Clothie

Postby musdih » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:22 am

Ok thank you @bugglyboo @sophiebeth23
You would recommend such a thing then?
My ds2 would only sleep 'on' me and wake soon as I put him down & would overheat and scream in a sling (liberty & infantino) he will still only be 18 months at the birth of the new sibling so I NEED to be able to put the little bub down at nap/bedtime to tend to ds2

And where can I physically buy a poddlepod from?
Call me old school but I like to be able to touch and feel something before I buy - lol

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:12 pm

All the people I know who've used one say it's great. I'm not sure who sells them though. I don't think I've ever seen them in store.

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:46 pm

We used a cocoonababy with our little one and it was great. I felt like it was a bit more of a gentle transition from being in the womb to being in the outside world. She was sleeping 7 hours by the time she was 2 and a half months and by 4 months was sleeping 12 hours. I don't know, that might be normal but people always seemed quite shocked. Now she is going through that dreaded 4 month growth spurt :help:
Its quite good for them sitting in during the day as well, I could put her in it and she would be quite happy and looked so comfy. I used to get her to sleep in it too, by putting it on my knee and rocking it side to side. I would say it was definitely worth the investment for us.

My avatar
musdih
Clothie
Clothie

Postby musdih » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Thank you @pixiefix
Good to know that if I buy one it won't be wasted
Would like to try and find the poddle pod too though to compare
Looking at the cocoon I wish they made a maternity version - my back would love to be in something like that right now!!!

My avatar
musdih
Clothie
Clothie

Postby musdih » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Ps @pixiefix
Is /was your daughter bottle or breast fed? Just so I can compare sleep times - I envy those stats

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:48 am

She is bottle fed, which does lead to babies sleeping a bit longer. But from talking to a lot of mums it doesn't garuntee a nights sleep :giggle: And I think it would have helped even if I was breastfeeding as her startle reflex was really strong so if she fell asleep on the flat everytime her arms fell to her sides she would startle awake (a poddlepod would have helped with this too I guess) and she has reflux and the slight incline helped her feel a bit more comfortable whereas now she struggles in the cot after a feed.
I felt exactly the same as you when I was pregnant! I would look at the cocoon and just want to hop in! Although for me it was my hips not my back.
I was looking into the poddlepod as I liked the sound of the toddlepod (you can buy them on their website btw, although if you want to see one first that's not much help) and they do look quite snuggly but I did find out that they weren't designed for sleeping overnight. I'm sure people do without problems, do you use it overnight @Sophiebeth23. A cocoonababy is designed for overnight and they were designed for prem babies in hospital in France, which comforted my sometimes overly anxious mind :hohoho:

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things