hf1

Stretchy wrap or woven for a newborn?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Stretchy wrap or woven for a newborn?

Postby LynniferT » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:32 am

I was planning on getting a moby wrap for baby at this stage as i had a stretchy wrap (now called boba wrap?) for DD. From memory it was hot to wear but comfy for school run when i didn't want to take the buggy.

Thinking a woven wrap could be cooler than a stretchy? And would last longer? but is it more difficult to tie right with a wriggly newborn?

Any recommendations? Not much to spend on it (cheapest i can get a moby is £38 i think?)

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Stretchy wrap or woven for a newborn?

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:54 am

I used a stretchy with p, following advice on here.
I got in the habit of wearing around the house instead of a jumper as far easier for feeds, but then Percy was a winter baby. I git mine for £12 on eBay. It's not pretty, but at that price who cares? ;)

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:10 pm

After way too much deliberating over what stretchy to get, i have just won a moby wrap on ebay :)

Cant wait to get it now and try it out, it'll be so handy for school runs and boring stuff like putting washing out on line :hohoho:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:32 pm

I love stretchy with newborns ! I also love my ring sling which has been used from birth to age 4 between my two :love:

I have never felt the woven love, but I may be in the minority there !

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:05 am

Definitely stretchy! Glad you found one!

I still haven't got into my woven, just started using it before we came back to France but I haven't been slinging much since we've been out here as it's been quite hot. I'm actually thinking I need to try a ring sling as I'm doing a lot more going into little shops and I think it would be the quickest option as it is too hot to leave a stretchy or woven on, been meaning to make one but don’t' seem to have access to any material shops out here :( Might have to see if I can pick up a 2nd hand one!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:00 am

Great choice, I love my Moby :love:
It is hot in summer but I didn't care, it was so comfy and baby loved it I wore it every day. I have a woven now too (she's a chuncky 15 months) and there are still the odd days when I reach for the Moby instead :)

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:39 am

I think its the gorgeous colours and fabrics that made me look at wovens. They are so pretty but glad i went with a moby, i have my connecta for later (which i :love: ) and mobys seem to have good resale value after stalking ebay for a few weeks ;)

Return to Prams, Slings and Things