Another pram shopping question - High Trek pic added pg 4

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Another pram shopping question - High Trek pic added pg 4

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:05 am

As you may remember I spent an inordinate amount of time when pregnant searching for the perfect system for our needs - ie travelling overseas with little space with a newborn and wanting a system that took a bassinet and a car seat and was parent facing!. The one that meet our needs was the Phil and Teds Smart and it has been fantastic, he slept in it until we moved in here when he was 6 months old, takes up hardly any space and has been great! My biggest concern about it was the actual seat bit - it doesn't go flat and knowing my use of prams I figured I'd get to the point where this was an issue and we are now there!

With the other boys I had a Mother care (can't remember what!) and then a Jané Rocket - both umbrella fold with decent quality shopping baskets and for me the big thing of reclining totally so that they can sleep. It is extra important here in France where you so often go out to evening things and babies come too so need to be able to tuck him up to sleep comfortably. I don’t' want something with small wheels as they are a nightmare on the rough country lanes around here and our garden is quite hilly and bumpy too. I'm not massively bothered about folded size but would rather unbrella fold rather than flat fold, dont' want to end up with something bigger than I have now!

So shopping list:
  • Multiple recline positions, including flat
  • Sturdy
  • Decent sized wheels
  • umbrella fold

So tell me what I should look at lovelies!??

My avatar
mamavan2
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Another pram shopping question - help needed!

Postby mamavan2 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:05 pm

I have a quinny zapp (the old version with xtra seat).
The new model:

- multiple recline including flat
- sturdy (we don't use it very often but it's still working and in use for 3th child)
- small fold
This our little space in the car carrying not an option pram.

The pram I use every day is our "bed on wheels" a Trille dream.

- Decent room to sleep,my girl in the picture just turned 2.
- two recline
- big wheels
- very sturdy

Only downside: it's big :giggle:

I like the quinny but I love our bed :)

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Our umbrella fold buggy is a maclaren quest but i used to have a maclaren techno XT (bit roomier seatwise and bigger wheels)

I did love our baby jogger city mini and wanted the GT version for T (airfilled tyres) but ended up going with the M&P sola. The city mini isnt an umbrella fold but quite flat when folded.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:35 pm

It's flat fold but I love the p&t sport/dash/vibe/hammerhead/navigator/dot, they're all very similar with a great size seat, perfect manoeuvrability, large basket and huge amount of shopping space with second seat attached. I've been using one (not always the same as upgraded when new ones came out) for 9 yrs now. Although it folds flat it's extremely flat and not much bigger than the smart.

Two other bands which are comparable to the p&t but only come as a single or side by side are out n about and mountain buggy, they are a dream to push.

I'm a bit of a buggy holic and have had far too many buggies over my 10 yrs of minding but have always had a P&t and a side by side of either of the other 2 brands. I would recommend putting slime in any air tyres though, I never have a flat tyre :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:20 pm

What about a Loola? Just seen one for a really good price - @Louise was it you that had one of these?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:37 am

Maclaren ! I had one for izzy and was fine to use for Leon except SIL left it in her garage and it got damp and mouldy so she chucked it! I bought another McLaren for Leon

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:50 am

I had a loola chassis with maxi cosi car seat adapters for the car. It was a compact fold but we never had the seat unit so can't comment on that.
From memory it was fairly sturdy and wheels were quite chunky... I had the bar handle one not the 2 separate handles.
Were u looking at used or new?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:52 pm

clothmama wrote:What about a Loola? Just seen one for a really good price - @Louise was it you that had one of these?

No, not me. We've had M&P Mylo, icandy cherry and P&Ts.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:55 am

LynniferT wrote:Were u looking at used or new?

Used @LynniferT

I need to sit down and look at the other ones you've all mentioned. I never thought of another P and T - thanks @chocmuffin I'll go and have a nosey.

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things