hf1

Car seat after the cabriofix / capsule - what do you have?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Car seat after the cabriofix / capsule - what do you have?

Postby sim » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:18 pm

They look good!
ERF seats were just too big for the car we had at the point Lachlan grew out of his capsule.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks Kim, I've just found one of those that I could get at the same price from M&Ps near here tomorrow so I could use it for the trip back. My big concern is with it that I have read lots of people complaining about the angle when it is in rear facing that baby's head ends up flopped forward when they are asleep. Do you find that @Kim ?

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:38 pm

Willows head does flop sometimes but not often. You have to get the harness at the correct height and tightness to stop it. Sometimes DH doesn't put it tight enough. I think if you can try it your car before you buy it that would be the best thing to do and see if you are happy with it. The angle of your vehicle seat can affect how much it reclines when rear facing.

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:00 pm

We have the cyber sirona, which we got on offer (still mega expensive though)
It goes flatter than most erf so better with Percy's needs (risk if de-seating when he was out of lie flat). It is ok from birth, but wouldn't have been for Percy, however the physio recommended it if we could afford it for this reason. He doesn't flop forward if fully reclined

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:19 pm

The Britax style rear facing car seat from Volvo is good, rear facing to 4 years or forward facing, £120 from
Volvo retailers

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Still researching this. It seems that soooo many of the ones that at first glance are rear facing up to 18kg seats actually are rated until lower than that, basically until 0+ weight / 13kg (which is what Rémy is OK in now in his Cabriofix) then you need to turn the seat. I'm seriously thinking of leaving the rear facing as I can't find something that is Isofix and rear facing for a decent price. The way he is growing he will still be in his cabriofix at 16 months or more I'd say as he is already gone 14 months and is only about 11kg and the new guidelines are recommending leaving them rear facing until at least 15 months. I can get an extended rear facing that isn't Isofix but I feel that this is just as important as the rear facing and it seems I have to chose between them :(

@sim I keep seeing the sort that you have with the bar thing but I'm worried it would be way too hot here in the summer, what are your feelings on it? How does Lachlan like it? they seem to suggest that it is safer than a 5 point but not sure if this is just sales spin? What are your thoughts?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Both boys have been fine with it.
As ERF want an option, these seemed safer than the harness - a 5 point harness holds the shoulders and in an impact can damage the neck as the head is thrown forward while torso is harnessed while with the bumper the upper body moves too, protecting the neck IYSWIM?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:10 pm

sim wrote:Both boys have been fine with it.
As ERF want an option, these seemed safer than the harness - a 5 point harness holds the shoulders and in an impact can damage the neck as the head is thrown forward while torso is harnessed while with the bumper the upper body moves too, protecting the neck IYSWIM?

Oh OK, thank you for that explanation as I hadn’t' really understood why they were meant to be safer!

I've just found this one which is ERF to 18 kg and looks quite good but then I know my big boys loved facing forwards so I possibly would turn him before 18 kg and what you have just said about the other sort @sim is worth considering.
https://www.baby2k.com/sBP.cfm?brand=Be ... te&stage=2

I need to make a decision quickly as he is growing and French sales are only allowed to run until early February!!

PreviousNext

Return to Prams, Slings and Things