hf1

Loola pushchair - your opinions please

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Loola pushchair - your opinions please

Postby queen bee » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm looking for a super compact lightweight stroller to use on holiday and for throwing in the back of the car.

I like the look of the loola - it seems light weight and compact but looks quite substantial and supportive at the same time. I love the fact that it can be rear-facing. I'm looking for one second-hand on ebay and need to justify the purchase to my dh who thinks I have too many pushchairs already (I have had 4 kids though!!!)

I'd love to hear your opinions.
Thanks
Kelly

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Loola pushchair - your opinions please

Postby rachyrach » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Hiya

I loved my loola. Got mine second hand from ebay, the whole travel system for £150! Total bargain!!!!
The car seat was brilliant, the pram bit was just fantastic. Hannah had all her naps and quite a few nights in as well until she was probably 8 months old. The best thing I bought.
I liked the buggy but I wouldn't say it was compact and easy to sling in the back of a car. I certainly wouldn't dream of taking it on holiday in a plane. The basket in the older style which is what I had is crap, as you can't get much in as the bars go across it but they have changed the design now on the newer ones.
Once Hannah was 8 months or so, I really fancied something smaller and lighter so bought a mamas and papas Nipi. This is fab, its light, stylish, will fit in the boot of a kia picanto, which also only just fits in 3 tesco shopping bags so is tiny. This can be chucked in the back of the car and I'm really happy with. I boought it for the summer really and intended to use the loola again over Winter but never did. Both buggies I can recommend though. Hope that helps!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:14 pm

I really want a parent facing pushchair and did look at the Loola but I though that the handles felt a bit flimsy tbh, could you go to Mothercare or somewhere and give one a try? I have a silvercross dazzle, not parent facing but it does fold up well. We have never had any probs taking prams on planes, last year we took a petit star and just left it airside for the baggage handlers to chuck (literally) on to the plane. xx

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:21 pm

I had a loola for lana. They are not light! they are quite heavy. If your just getting it for holidays get a cheap one they lays back.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:37 am

I think to be honest if you want light you want a lightweight buggy (stating the obvious or what) like a maclaren, anything else just won't be as light!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:17 am

i am a great fan of the loola, but its not particularly light or small folding.
it is worth looking at the bebe confort streety (my new favourite!!) which is slightly smaller, slightly lighter and a lot cheaper if you really really like the style, (it is fab, better than the loola in my opinion, as it does everything, just a little smaller and lighter...lookes a little like an oversized bugaboo Bee) but other than that i agree with everyone else, a light umbrella fold buggy is probably best for holiday

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:25 am

Shevi wrote:i am a great fan of the loola, but its not particularly light or small folding.
it is worth looking at the bebe confort streety (my new favourite!!) which is slightly smaller, slightly lighter and a lot cheaper if you really really like the style, (it is fab, better than the loola in my opinion, as it does everything, just a little smaller and lighter...lookes a little like an oversized bugaboo Bee) but other than that i agree with everyone else, a light umbrella fold buggy is probably best for holiday

Why oh why, it's sooo cute, but I don't want a car seat, can I get it without a carseat, I would actually conside selling my dazzle and my buzz for it!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:33 am

flutterby wrote:
Shevi wrote:i am a great fan of the loola, but its not particularly light or small folding.

Why oh why, it's sooo cute, but I don't want a car seat, can I get it without a carseat, I would actually conside selling my dazzle and my buzz for it!

Ooh, I like that. Hanna are you sure you need another pushchair? Think how many slings you could buy with the money instead. :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:35 am

Louise wrote:
flutterby wrote:

Ooh, I like that. Hanna are you sure you need another pushchair? Think how many slings you could buy with the money instead. :giggle:

But I was going to keep my dazzle, but I would sell that too for this :wink:

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things