hf1

Ellaroo for a Toddler?

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Ellaroo for a Toddler?

Postby busybee » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Does anyone use an Ellaroo wrap for a toddler? What are they like? I'm looking for a woven wrap as my daughter is loving being carried again and our stretchy wrap isn't supportive enough. I've got a chance to buy a preloved ellaroo at a really good price but not sure if it would be good for a 28lb 2.5 yr old?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Ellaroo for a Toddler?

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:46 pm

I don't have any experience but have heard they are quite thin and not v supportive for older babies.have you asked on naturalmamas forum,they usually have good advice about wraps.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 am

I agree with Lexi, I had an Ellaroo wrap and traded it in for a Didymos which is much thicker and softer as I found the Ellaroo was thin and would dig in as it was pulled with the weight.

These days I don't wrap though unfortunately as I find it much easier to use a Mei Tei with a fidgety toddler :wink:

My avatar
busybee
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby busybee » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks guys! I had a look on NM and came to the conclusion that I neeeeeeed to spend a small fortune on a Didymos :twisted: So glad you would agree with me on that Annette :D

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I have a size 4 didy indio and can carry my nearly 3yr old in it for quite a while before it starts to hurt (and I still need a lot of practice!) Natibabys are supposed to be supportive too, and they're not as expensive as didys. I have a natibaby cotton greece and its cosy and supportive for my toddler, although shes only been in it once (and she fell asleep immediately :giggle: )

Return to Prams, Slings and Things