hf1

Which pushchair would suit?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Which pushchair would suit?

Postby twinkletot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:03 pm

I've been looking at pushchairs :twisted: (i was a bit of an addict until Nathan got too old to justify a new one) but I really don't know what would suit what I want/need.
What I need is: parent/forward facing, light (ish) to push, easy to turn, a handle bar (no seperate handles) lay flat, carrycot, suitable for a car seat (just in case), big/decent sized basket, easy to fold, suitable until approx age 4, needs to have a high backrest (only one I found to suit ds from the age of 2 was a baby jogger).
My budget it approx £400 but could push to £450.
Now heres what I don't like, bugaboo bee (yes I know it'd be perfect but I just can't like them for some reason :oops: ) Quinny, Stokke.

Is there a pushchair at all that meets my requirements?

My avatar
mrsm4
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Which pushchair would suit?

Postby mrsm4 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:05 pm

one of the Icandys? probably the Cherry :) Ive got the apple and its a fab pushchair, i had tons when i has ds2 but this time just this one as its suited everything :) so if the cherrys just a good i think youll be sorted :) its smaller and lighter than the apple but i think everything else is the same :)

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:09 pm

GAH I was reading your requirements thinking BEE, BEE!! :giggle:

What about the iCandy Cherry? Other one I thought of was Quinny Zapp Xtra but you don't like Quinny :wink:

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:14 pm

:gosh: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :wine:

I don't log on for a few days and look what I miss!

Congratulations Sam xx

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:24 pm

rachymoo wrote:GAH I was reading your requirements thinking BEE, BEE!! :giggle:

What about the iCandy Cherry? Other one I thought of was Quinny Zapp Xtra but you don't like Quinny :wink:

:giggle: :giggle: I knew people would!!

babygrowbelly wrote::gosh: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :wine:

I don't log on for a few days and look what I miss!

Congratulations Sam xx

Thanks Ruth :mrgreen: x

I likey the look of the cherry, now to find somewhere that stocks near me so I can look at it irl!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:33 pm

I wouldn't buy another cherry. We ended up getting a new buggy before ds was 2 as the wheels and brake no longer worked.It was at the end of the warantee and i candy said we would have to take it back to where we bought it to get it fixed whuch was 250 miles away. It has to be taken apart to fold down.We decided not to bother and got a sola instead. That isn't going to last beyond 3 years old tho I don't think.

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 pm

The iCandys can be folded in one piece in forward facing mode. But yes, it's a bit of a bugger when you have to take it apart to fold, I think most parent facing pushchairs are like that though.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 pm

lazylexis wrote:I wouldn't buy another cherry. We ended up getting a new buggy before ds was 2 as the wheels and brake no longer worked.It was at the end of the warantee and i candy said we would have to take it back to where we bought it to get it fixed whuch was 250 miles away. It has to be taken apart to fold down.We decided not to bother and got a sola instead. That isn't going to last beyond 3 years old tho I don't think.

Thanks that's interesting to hear.

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Do you like the Obaby Zezu? Not tried it, but thinking of getting it for this kiddo.

Next

Return to Prams, Slings and Things