hf1

Sling help!

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Sling help!

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:36 pm

So i have a woven wrap,and lookng into getting another, ive noticed this wrap i want also comes in a ring sling, ive never used one though, there the same price/colours etc,
which do you prefere any why please :lol:

i want it mainly for 0-6months maybe longer depending on the weight of baby lol!

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Sling help!

Postby LilMrsAverage » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:39 pm

for 0-6 I would recommend a stretchy x they are the most comfy IMO for that age x - brands like moby, kari me.

Then I would recommend a woven x - I found and think in general its alot harder to get used to carry such a small squishy in a ring sling x they work best for toddlers I think x ;) x

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm in a similar boat. Love my woven & Mei tai, but want to try something new.

I'm lucky enough to have a sling meet here next week, so going to try one there! Do you have any near you?

I'd be keen to see what others thought on here tho!

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:53 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:for 0-6 I would recommend a stretchy x they are the most comfy IMO for that age x - brands like moby, kari me.

Then I would recommend a woven x - I found and think in general its alot harder to get used to carry such a small squishy in a ring sling x they work best for toddlers I think x ;) x

thanks thats been really helpful! i found Alister too heavy at 3months in a stretchy that why i got a woven for this one. havent yet used it!

Hmm its hard deciding lol!

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 pm

I didn't use my stretchy much after the first few weeks, when I tried it again at about 4 months she was way too heavy for it. I borrowed a friend's ring sling and love it, it's great to quickly put on and off when at home or for short trips to the shops and it's the first one I managed to :bf: in :) I'm still wondering whether I should buy one or get a woven wrap instead... I've had my friend's rs for over 2 months now! :oops:

My avatar
sweetiepups
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sweetiepups » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:22 pm

I struggled with Ringslings for ages. After DS could walk, they became invaluable and now I have one that is permastash :love:

I would highly recommend getting a ringsling that has been made from a converted wrap. They are so much easier to use and supportive.

I can recommend a Didymos Steel Blue Fish wrap conversion with a gathered shoulder :thumbsup:

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:31 pm

If you get a wrap you can easily convert it into a no sew ring sling, but you cant easily turn a ring sling into a wrap! :giggle:

Return to Prams, Slings and Things