hf1

Stokke Xplory?

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Stokke Xplory?

Postby teganplus2 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:51 pm

....don't be so silly, of ourse you need a new one ;)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Love love love my Xplory, got it when G was about 1 I think and for William we just bought a carry cot and new red textiles, got them pre-loved in barley used condition from the Stokke page on FB :wink: I love that babies are high up, it is fab for us being tall but totally adjustable for shorter people and we love to freak people out collapsing the wheels in to use it on escalators :giggle: And yes the shopping bag is hugex

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Twinkletoes wrote:Mmmm, unsure. I want to buy one thing to go from birth to toddler. Want parent facing as long as pos. Ideally light and easy to push, decent basket size, wide and long seat. I'm also fussy about brands! Tbh I don't like the look of the xplory handle so rejected it last time. But its features do all add up! But then, so do the bee's! But I love the seat height on the xplory. Although after using a bucket seat and a lie flat seat with dd, I think I prefer lie flat.

It is a pain folding any pram, but we have a huge boot, so space won't be a prob. Should really just use one of my current prams of course...

There is a carry cot attachment for when they are teeny weeny..... :wink:

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 am

Ooh thanks ladies, it sounds fab, I'm soooo tempted. Do you think it's worth the money (even second hand they seem to go for around £300) seeing as DS is now walking so I guess will be using it less? For those with older babies 2yrs+, how much use do you get out of your pushchair?

Twinkletoes wrote:Mmmm, unsure. I want to buy one thing to go from birth to toddler. Want parent facing as long as pos. Ideally light and easy to push, decent basket size, wide and long seat. I'm also fussy about brands! Tbh I don't like the look of the xplory handle so rejected it last time. But its features do all add up! But then, so do the bee's! But I love the seat height on the xplory.

I've loved my Bee, but there's just no way it's going to last to toddler for us (depends on the size of the toddler I guess!) I can only just do up the straps over DS's coat, he's too tall to use the hood comfortably and I often end up kicking his feet as I walk as his legs just dangle down when parent-facing. It's a great buggy and I'd recommend it, but I reckon it will be too small for DS by the age of two.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:22 am

Gumtree worth watching too. There's a lovely one near me for 250 been on for a few weeks.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:52 am

Mungo wrote:I've loved my Bee, but there's just no way it's going to last to toddler for us (depends on the size of the toddler I guess!) I can only just do up the straps over DS's coat, he's too tall to use the hood comfortably and I often end up kicking his feet as I walk as his legs just dangle down when parent-facing. It's a great buggy and I'd recommend it, but I reckon it will be too small for DS by the age of two.

Have you tried the Bee+ ?? Its much better than the original Bee. I had the Bee and bought the Bee+ when it came out. The Bee+ back grows with the child and at nearly 4 Scarlett still fits fine into the Bee+

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:55 am

Mungo wrote:Ooh thanks ladies, it sounds fab, I'm soooo tempted. Do you think it's worth the money (even second hand they seem to go for around £300) seeing as DS is now walking so I guess will be using it less? For those with older babies 2yrs+, how much use do you get out of your pushchair?

I have used my Bee+ more than i used my Cam. I adored my Cam but i did find the Bee+ more practical for living in the boot (even tho i have a big 4x4 the push chairs do take up a lot of room and i like the pram to live in the boot)

I sold my Cam last year (before we decided to try for another) and tho i am really tempted to buy a big system again for the next one i'm going to resist. I bought the Bee+ when Scarlet was about 8months and mostly used that so for the next babe i'm planning to just use the Bee from birth as it will get better use in the long run.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:18 am

Rox wrote:Have you tried the Bee+ ?? Its much better than the original Bee. I had the Bee and bought the Bee+ when it came out. The Bee+ back grows with the child and at nearly 4 Scarlett still fits fine into the Bee+

Yep it's the bee+ we've got. I find the adjustable back rubbish, it always slips down. Plus I want to keep DS parent facing but his legs are getting too long to do this in the Bee+.

Keeping it in the boot isn't really an issue as I don't drive. We do have a car that DP uses for work, but I mostly use the pushchair to get out and about on foot/ public transport when I'm home alone with DS.

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:33 am

Ooh, is it a fault maybe? Not had any issues with mine. If doing lots of walking i would go for a bigger system too then, easier to carry things on it - i kept my Cam in the house for walking into town or walks with the dog.

Dont use public transport but i hear that can be an issue with bigger prams but you'll have experience of that i guess.

Good luck choosing, pram shopping is exciting hehe.

Previous

Return to Prams, Slings and Things