hf1

Had my 1st midwife appointment

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:47 pm

Annette78 wrote:I don't want to scare you as I know everyone is different but my friend had a 3rd degree with her 2nd (and last) child and was told if she ever got preg again she would have to have a c section due to the damage done.

Don't worry, you haven't scared me, mine has healed very well but I think that is part of why I am being referred to the consultant just to check. Hopefully it is all going to be much easier 2nd time round - well we can but hope :wink:

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:51 pm

I had terrible tearing with James ds1 (2nd degree so not as bad as yours) and have torn with the others but never as badly and never enough to warrant stitching again. I've always had no episiotomy on my notes as the thought of one turns my blood cold.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:05 pm

caeganol wrote:How big was your baby last time.
I am glad evrything is going well.
Will you find out what you are having.
xxx
sukhi

It was certainly not down to Charlotte's size, she was only 7lb 4oz so quite normal really.

Don't know if we will be finding out this time. We definately wanted a surprise last time but I don't know this time round might be better to just wait and see. The new baby is going to have Charlotte's room which is nice and neutral as we didn't know she was a she. I am really looking forward to making a lovely pink princess room for her very soon.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:40 pm

I am really looking forward to making a lovely pink princess room for her very soon.

Awwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
I know how you feel.
I think I will always have a desire to have a girl.
Not sure I will be able to have one.
39 already plus law of chance after two boys is in favour of a boy!!!!!!!
xx
sukhi

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:45 pm

I'm glad you had a good appointment, Annette. Hope you're keeping well!

Joanne

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:57 pm

ericaj1 wrote:I had terrible tearing with James ds1 (2nd degree so not as bad as yours) and have torn with the others but never as badly and never enough to warrant stitching again.

I have been exactly same as you, 2nd degree tear with Emma at 7lbs 2oz and Evie was 8lbs 7oz, no tear that i am aware of. If i did tear i didn't need stitches. :D

Previous

Return to Pregnancy and Conception