hf1

Well MW appointment didn't go so well:(

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Well MW appointment didn't go so well:(

Postby laceybat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

i've been having trouble with pain in my bump which turns out to be ligament problems in my Hamock as they put it. it's not stratching so well this time. they have put me on 2 parocetamal 4x a day and every other night 1 x dycomdamaol (SP?) but MW want them to put me on better pain relife as i'm only getting about 3-4 hours sleep anight and starting to struggle. so off to see doctor to morrow to see what they will do for me.

but bean is not grown so well as at 28 weeks i'm only meausreing 23cm so a wee bit small. i wasn't worried as bean is tranverse but she said that being transvere it should only be 2cm less at the most.

i just wished i had normal PG. It seem that all the boys are being little terrors for there mummy's at them moment

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Well MW appointment didn't go so well:(

Postby weefywoo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Is it 1cm for each week? I though +/- 4 weeks was normal so your only a week out and as you said baby is in an awkward position

Could you ask for another midwife to measure you? I know from experience that the measurement one gets might not match what the next gets, it may put your mind at ease too xxx

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:33 pm

With the measurements of bump, I was always told that 3-4cm either way was considered normal, and if bump is transverse too then that could be the reason why you are measuring smaller. Like Frances has said though you could also ask for someone else to measure your bump too. I always measured 4cm ahead with Darcy who was born at 7lb 15oz. My MW is awful at taking my measurements and always takes the measurement much lower down that where the top of my pubic bone is, and I have actually said to her now that she is too low :oops: and when she measured where I showed her where the top of my pubic bone is she actually got the measurement spot on for dates, how she cant feel where my pubic bone is if I can I haven't a clue :roll:

I think the only time they get concerned is if your growth measurement doesn't change as much as it should or if it stays at the very low end. Are they offering you any more scans to see if they can estimate size from there? TBH I take all the measurements and scans with a pinch of salt as I was told throughout my pregnancy with D that she was going to be huge, so much so my MW actually wanted the hospital to look at inducing me earlier that the 39 weeks that they had planned, but she was pretty average size. Its so hard not to worry, but try not to think about it too much as sounds like they are at least keeping an eye on you and I am sure if they are overly concerned they will look into it further :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:35 pm

This^ dont worry yourself :hug: and measurements are so transient anyway. In the next weeks or so lo might have a growth spurt sending the measurements all over the place again :giggle: x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 pm

Measurements shouldn't be more than 2cm out really,3cm max but a dr and a mw measured me a day apart and one said 35cm, one 37 so does depend who does it. Why are u only taking 1 stronger painkiller? co-codamol wiukd be ok to take at the lowest dose that helps so start low and work up. it has codeine and paracetamol. As long as u are not taking more than a total of 8 tablets in a day u would be ok so 3x paracetamol and then 2 co-codamol at night would be ok. Hope u get some sleep.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:54 pm

@lazylexis i can't take cocodomal as it makes me really sick. and he did't want me to take it every night as he didn't want me to take to much of it i don't know why but i hoping my doctor will be more helpful.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:13 pm

unfortunately there's not many options in pregnancy. So what are u taking- codydramol? That contains dihydrocodeine which is thought to be ok but as with all medicines in pregnancy there aren't many studies
http://www.medicines.org.uk/emcmobile/m ... #PREGNANCY
if u are taking co-dydramol it is pretty pointless to be taking just one as u are only getting a weak dose of dihydrocodeine and half the recommended dose of paracetamol, you would be better off taking one paracetamol with one co-dydramol or 2 co-dydramol at once.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 pm

@lazylexis no wonder i'm still in alot of pain like now my joints feel like there on fire and sat here worring about phil isn't happening and i feel guilty about winge about my pain when he's in more and i can't do anytthing for him

so hopeful my doctor will up the dose for me tomorrow

Return to Pregnancy and Conception