hf1

Anyone else waiting to ovulate?

My avatar
sophDC
Clothie
Clothie

Anyone else waiting to ovulate?

Postby sophDC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:07 am

I have started a new shiny cycle - my first since March 2012! My daughter gave up breastfeeding, then fF reckoned I had ovulated, which I must have, I got AF on my baby's first birthday!
I am now looking forward to tracking ovulation.
When you you think I should start using OPKs?

My avatar
doobykat
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Anyone else waiting to ovulate?

Postby doobykat » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Hiya :)

I'm on CD6 currently, so not too far out of sync with you!
I usually ov between CD16-18 (at least I have done since I've been charting on FF since having the coil removed in Feb last year) so still a week or so to go before the sexathon gets underway :giggle:
I don't use OPKs - have always had really ambiguous results from them (probably down to my PCOS hormones :roll: ) - just go by what CM I have.
If your cycles are the textbook 28 days long, then starting OPKs from ~CD10 should cover it. If your cycles are longer, you would probably get away with starting OPKs later on in your cycle.
As you chart more, you'll get to see how long your follicular & luteal phases are, which will help you judge better when to start on the OPKs :thumbsup:

My avatar
sophDC
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sophDC » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:35 pm

hehe, sexathon! OPKs are hit and miss for me too :/
thanks for the advice, good luck!

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mollycoddles » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Oh I remember doing that! Now we finally have our little man after all those years of testing for ovulation - I've sworn I will never test again. I don't want that stress again. With all the trouble we had we are happy we managed to get one little guy in our lives. If there is ever a second then it's a blessing, but for now I'm happy with what I've got! I appreciate him so much more than I would have done otherwise.
I'd always thought I wanted two but now I realise that although I'd still be happy with two, I'm also happy with one.

Sorry not meaning to hijack your post. I imagine for most ladies it's exciting, but I'm determined to just leave it and see what happens next time round!

My avatar
sophDC
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sophDC » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 pm

it can be rather stressful I agree Mollycoddles! Unnecessary stress...
So glad you have your little man in your lives now, and just wait and see :)

Return to Pregnancy and Conception