hf1

First urine samples and problems aleady

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

First urine samples and problems aleady

Postby clothsister » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi all, had my booking appointment yesterday (v exciting) they did my urine sample and found proteins and list.... Something or others in my urine. They think it's pointing to a uti. Can this have affected the baby if it is a uti. Scan on the 5th (even more exciting!!!!)

Have had a horrid day today started my actually being quite sick this morning and not quite felt right the rest of the day.

xxx

@clothmama as you are a midwife (almost) and my sister what's the crack with the protein and list..... Thingys? Can't remember the full name the midwife used. X

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: First urine samples and problems aleady

Postby sim » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Ooh, I love scans!

AFAIK utis are not an issue for the baby unless it is left untreated and you end up with a serious kidney infection.
I had one at a similar stage with Ewan (now 4) that was treated with antibiotics.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: First urine samples and problems aleady

Postby ems101 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm

yes, UTIs are very common in pregnancy. They might also check for strep B which again is treated in pregnancy and also during labour so that it doesnt affect baby. As far as i know, neither are big issues, just need to keep an eye on them!

Funnily enough i was wondering today how you were getting on. Only a week til your scan, how exciting!

Return to Pregnancy and Conception