hf1

SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disfunction

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disfunction

Postby g murphy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Hugs @clothmama I still have SPD pain 2.5 years on. Nothing seems to help it. Xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:42 pm

g murphy wrote:Hugs @clothmama I still have SPD pain 2.5 years on. Nothing seems to help it. Xx

:shock: :shock: :shock: are you serious Gemma you poor poor thing :hug: OMG I'm so scared now :( What have you tried @g murphy ?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:09 pm

I didnt want to scare you but i still get twinges every now and again and pips is six, but i did loads of damage to my hips and pelvis when i was pregnant so not normal. Mine is only really a problem when my hips are bad as it throws everything out. thats one of the reasons physios advised us not to have anymore x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:14 am

girlinleeds wrote:I didnt want to scare you but i still get twinges every now and again and pips is six, but i did loads of damage to my hips and pelvis when i was pregnant so not normal. Mine is only really a problem when my hips are bad as it throws everything out. thats one of the reasons physios advised us not to have anymore x

Wow wow and wow! You poor thing that must be awful :( :hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 04, 2017 7:52 pm

:cry: :cry: starting to get down, been 3 years now if you count the last 6 months of my pregnancy and he is nearly 2.5 years old. I'm just so sick of being in pain :cry: - 3 years of chronic pain is a long time. I have now finally got a physio appointment but not until June (which I guess is only a month away now). I wake in pain, it generally eases once I'm up and moving then is back with vengeance by afternoon / evening, particularly when I'm doing lots / gardening etc (so most days really!) so I spend an uncomfortable evening until I go to bed which does feel good (initially until the pain comes back early hours of the morning if I haven't been up with Remy). I did see a chiro and an osteo after the birth up until about 3 months but it didnt' really help that much so have just been hoping that it will ease. I'm hoping that when I stop :bf: that will help (hormones obviously playing a bit part) and maybe the physio as well. I just am worrying myself that it has caused more permanent damage or that the pain will never go away. In recent months the pain is radiating down my left leg as well so wondering if I now have some sort of sciatica as well / due to or if it is all the same thing.

Sorry just needed to have a rant :x :x :x :x :x :x

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Thu May 04, 2017 8:25 pm

clothmama wrote::cry: :cry: starting to get down, been 3 years now if you count the last 6 months of my pregnancy and he is nearly 2.5 years old. I'm just so sick of being in pain :cry: - 3 years of chronic pain is a long time. I have now finally got a physio appointment but not until June (which I guess is only a month away now). I wake in pain, it generally eases once I'm up and moving then is back with vengeance by afternoon / evening, particularly when I'm doing lots / gardening etc (so most days really!) so I spend an uncomfortable evening until I go to bed which does feel good (initially until the pain comes back early hours of the morning if I haven't been up with Remy). I did see a chiro and an osteo after the birth up until about 3 months but it didnt' really help that much so have just been hoping that it will ease. I'm hoping that when I stop :bf: that will help (hormones obviously playing a bit part) and maybe the physio as well. I just am worrying myself that it has caused more permanent damage or that the pain will never go away. In recent months the pain is radiating down my left leg as well so wondering if I now have some sort of sciatica as well / due to or if it is all the same thing.

Sorry just needed to have a rant :x :x :x :x :x :x

Sounds horrid :( :( really hope the physio helps. I've heard that finishing bf helps, but obviously not that easy.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Thu May 04, 2017 9:49 pm

I know mine flares when I forget my contraceptive pill for a couple of days and when I had periods it was always worst so it's definitely hormone linked. The physio will probably suggest Pilates or Pilates style exercise so might be worth looking at some to try and help till your appointment. Chronic pain is awful you have my full sympathy I've not had a pain free day since I was 20 weeks pregnant, I love my ten's machine but not sure if it would help spd pain as I use it for hip and back pain xxx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Physio didn't help mine. Only chiropractor and exercise xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat May 06, 2017 6:38 am

Just read properly and you've had chiro so not helpful! What have docs said is it worth having some investigation like scans and such ? Maybe some yoga would help. Xx

PreviousNext

Return to Pregnancy and Conception