SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disfunction

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: SPD - Symphysis Pubis Disfunction

Postby clothmama » Sat May 06, 2017 7:33 am

littlesez wrote:Just read properly and you've had chiro so not helpful! What have docs said is it worth having some investigation like scans and such ? Maybe some yoga would help. Xx

Well that isn't true actually the chiro really did help at the end of my pregnancy @littlesez , I was much, much better after my sessions with her (wished I'd gone earlier) and kept going until after the birth. then when we came to the UK I decided to give an osteopath a go and I think she helped a bit too but it never went away. When we got out here I looked into it and couldn't afford the osteopath and I can have 10 sessions with the physio covered so thought I'd give her a try. I've just been hopeless and let it all slide for so long which I'm sure hasnt' helped as I can feel the muscles all over my hips / thighs and lower back just so tight with lumps as well (I'd say over compensating for the misalignment that the chiro / osteo were trying to work on). I think you are right about the yoga though, I need to start doing that or pilates, I think if I can get my core body strength improved it will help too - I just totally lost it after the CS. The physios here do lots of manipulation / massage etc so after J gave me a massage which was helpful the other day I do have hopes that it will help, I'm hoping to stop :bf: soon, he is nearly 2.5 so with that as well I do have hopes that I will improve. I'm going to try to find a pilates video on you tube and then in September there are yoga classes every week in the village (just too hard with Rémy up to now).

Previous

Return to Pregnancy and Conception