hf1

Getting mixed signals from baby - can someone help please!

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Getting mixed signals from baby - can someone help please!

Postby PixieFix » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi,

So I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow and recently I noticed that baby's movements have changed. I get a lot more sort of turning and scraping type movements rather than the jabbing and poking I was experiencing before. It seems from what I read that this is normal but maybe a little early, I figure this is because I'm a bit small and I certainly feel like I'm struggling for space so baby probably is too. Could that be right?

What concerns me more though is that the pattern of movement seems to have changed. Baby used to move pretty much every time I stopped moving, and especially when I would lie down at night. Now, I'll sit down and after a while realise I haven't felt baby move. I'll wait for a bit to see what happens and will usually feel some slight movements but not strong ones like there used to be. This is during the day and has happened the past few days, and I usually decide to call the midwife when I get home from work. However, then I'll get home in the evening, sit down and baby starts dancing away. I've now been sat here for an hour and baby has been moving a lot (!), and strong movements as well. Now I feel like it would be silly to call the midwife.

Is this change in pattern normal? Should I call the midwife anyway? Any help would be appreciated!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Getting mixed signals from baby - can someone help please!

Postby sim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't know if it is normal but I had various different movement patterns over the course of my pregnancies with both my boys.

If you are concerned then call your midwife - it's her job to reassure you everything is ok or to check things out if needed.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm no expert at all but I felt loads of different types of movements and the patterns would change too. I was quite small and found I seemed to feel things very early on.
If you have any worries though just call your mw, even if it's just to put your mind at rest.

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 pm

I shouldn't feel at all silly if I were you. You naturally want everything to go well and in order to ensure that it is reasonable to ask for a qualified opinion from your midwife or doctor. Their job is to help you with your pregnancy and they are most likely very happy to do so. The ones we know sure are and are lovely too. A professional who can listen, examine you and asses your condition in person will be your best source of advice.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:14 am

This is what being a parent is all about! Listening to your worries and deciding when you need to act. As you go along youll become more confident. I try and ask myself tge 'what if' question. What if its nothing and I look silly. What if its something and I dont take the opportunity to check. Go with your gut feeling and if in doubt, get checked out! Nothing wrong with feeling a bit of a ninny ;)

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:57 am

Go get yourself checked. The hospital told me they'd rather see 1000 women with nothing wrong than miss 1 woman where something might be wrong. The chances are everything is fine and baby has just moved into a different position where you can't feel quite as much. But the fact that you worried is enough to get checked out. X

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:32 am

Thanks everyone! I'm going to the physio today so I'll see if I can talk to a mw while I'm there.

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:23 am

MW said nothing to worry about, thanks for all the advice. Now I can stop stressing! :lol:

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:47 am

That's great news, glad to hear everything's ok :yahoo:

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception