hf1

Funny bump shape! Update pg. 2.

My avatar
Mummysaurus
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Funny bump shape!

Postby Mummysaurus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:07 am

Your bump looks all bump in that :) I caught my reflection when dropping eldest off to school the other day (am pregnant also) and I was a bit horrified to see a nice top bump and a lower dippy bit as you describe over my leggings! I've heard support belts and bumps bands can hide this. Have an anterior placenta also but it's not low. Putting it down to not having lost baby weight from my second, was still breast feeding him in the first trimester of this pregnancy. Have been going for good posture since in an attempt to hide it haha x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Funny bump shape!

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 am

So I think other than the fact that I'm a bit fat :lookround: there is a bit of an explanation for my funny bump (well funny to me, I'm sure with the boys I had a round bump if that makes sense).

I had an appointment at the obstetricians this week. You may remember I mentioned I have a thick placenta that is low lying and anterior (front). Unfortunately it hasn't moved any further up in the 3 weeks or so since he last scanned me :( I was hoping it had moved well clear by now. The baby's head is down but because of the fat placenta while he does poke his head in and out of the space and it looks like it can fit at this stage he is kind of not settled down there but sitting above it which makes sense as to why he feels like he is all in the higher bit of my uterous! I'm crossing fingers that the placenta moves up more than it is at the moment as it is a bit touch and go about the delivery :-? he hasn't mentioned CS but has gone back to talking about induction (after last appointment agreeing to let me go to term or even a few days over). Ahhhhh these babies do like to test us!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Funny bump shape! Update pg. 2.

Postby g murphy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:14 am

lol @clothmama fingers crossed that the placenta moves soon. xx

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:24 am

I think he has now got jack of using it as a pillow and has moved transverse which is making me feel :puke: on the plus side my bump now looks totally different and more like a normal bump! It must have been just him being so high with his little bum sticking up!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:30 am

bless him. I have an anterior placenta with Naimh and have an amazing scan pic of her snuggling into it at our 20 week scan. xx

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm

When is your next scan? I had a low lying anterior placenta at my 20 week scan and by my 30 week scan it had moved out of the way enough that they weren't worried anymore, so it took mine 10 weeks to get out of the way. I wouldn't worry yet (easier said than done I know, I felt sick with worry before my last scan).

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Hope it moves x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:55 am

g murphy wrote:lol @clothmama fingers crossed that the placenta moves soon. xx

Sophiebeth23 wrote:Hope it moves x

So do I Gemma and Sophie!

PixieFix wrote:When is your next scan?

@PixieFix I know I was the same with Louis, very very low (to the point of having a lot of bleeding) and then move dup and away by 32 weeks. This time I'm seeing an obstetrician who has a small machine in his room so he is looking at it every appointment (as well as lots of measurements for growth etc) so that is why he noticed it hadn't moved in the last 3 weeks and very little since my early scans. Next appointment in 2 weeks, well a week and a bit now so I'm really hoping we have some changes, I'll be about 32 weeks at that time :pregnant: ! Not sure if he'll send me for another proper scan, I may well get him to.

Previous

Return to Pregnancy and Conception