hf1

Feeling pretty awful, actually (moaning again.sorry)

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Feeling pretty awful, actually (moaning again.sorry)

Postby cuppachaplz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:33 pm

so, am feeling truly dreadful today.
I didn't sleep and have been aching all day, legs and hands v bad last night and haven't got better during the day. Despite all of my advice above, I didn't get up and eat so spent all morning vomitting, then hunting down cold cans f coke to make me feel better whilst waiting for toast to hit. This bit has settled now. I have had backache and stomach pain all day, so have spent the whole afternoon in a pillow nest with a couple of hot water bottles fighting (unsuccessfully) back the tears. MW said that baby's head is 2/5 engaged, v low and may be blocking urethra, as feeling lil I need to pee, but can't. 3 US this week -ve for protene, ketones, WBC or any marker of infection, and culture last week was -ve so uti v unlikely. However I now feel like I constantly need to pee. I have drunk 2.5L water this afternoon in an effort to flush anything out, but have had a couple of thimble sized sees, but that is all. Abdomen feeling more and more uncomfortable. There is no cramping or contractions, just pain. I have drunk tons of cranberry juice too.
Any advice peeps? TIA
:cry: :pregnant: :puke: :surrender:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Feeling pretty awful, actually (moaning again.sorry)

Postby sim » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Sounds uncomfortable :hug:

After about 20 weeks I have always needed to lean forward in order to properly empty my bladder.
I generally did a wee then leaned as far forward as I could (as in hands on a low step stool to support myself) and often there was quite a bit more to come. I'm pretty sure I got that advice on here and that it's to do with shifting baby off your bladder.
Other than that, I'd call the labour ward for advice (sorry can't remember how many weeks you are). You don't want a UTI or other infection to go untreated.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:23 pm

No advice I'm afraid just virtual hugs! X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:15 am

cuppachaplz wrote:Despite all of my advice above, I didn't get up and eat so spent all morning vomitting, then hunting down cold cans f coke to make me feel better whilst waiting for toast to hit.

I think you need to have something next to your bed like some crackers or something so that you can eat straight away as it sounds like you hare having low blood sugars :hug:

cuppachaplz wrote:v low and may be blocking urethra, as feeling lil I need to pee, but can't.

cuppachaplz wrote:However I now feel like I constantly need to pee. I have drunk 2.5L water this afternoon in an effort to flush anything out, but have had a couple of thimble sized sees, but that is all. Abdomen feeling more and more uncomfortable. There is no cramping or contractions, just pain.

@cuppachaplz I'm finding this quite concerning :hug: :hug: , have you been able to do a decent wee since you posted? If you have drunk that much you should be outputting more than that. If you haven't you really need to be seen by someone, at the very least ring the NHS hotline thing but that doesn't sound right to me and I'd be concerned if I were looking after you on the ward and would do a bladder scan and output measurement!

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:27 am

So, rang ANC in the end,as pain getting worse and worse.
Urine clear, but bloods inflammatory/infection/stress leucogram, temperature, pain appears to be renal, and big bladder. :(
currently have indwelling urinary catheter, iv antibiotics to treat possible kidney infection, and booked for kidney scan tomorrow, and waiting on biochem blood results to check kidney function.
Not allowed hot water bottle on the ward (say the day shift, anyway), which was the only thing really controlling the pain, so sore back again, but at least horrible bladder pressure has gone.
Traces are fine :D
Just waiting for some answers now.
Thanks everyone

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:32 am

:hug:
Glad you are being well looked after, FC they figure out the cause quickly and you are on the mend soon. xxx

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:39 am

pylonephritis :(

chicken and egg with obturia and kidney infection i guess.

in for another day at least, but maybe home tomorrow if i can pee ok once catheter is out

sulking 'cos my hot water bottle has been confiscated by the health and safety police :roll:

happy that baby trace still spot on :thumbsup:

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:20 am

Glad you are being looked after and fingers crossed you get home tomorrow :hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 am

I'm so glad you called and got seen so quickly, as I said I was pretty concerned about what you had said about your output :hug: Fingers crossed you'll be fine weeing after the catheter comes out and you can get home :hug:

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception