hf1

Up and Down again; feeling numb

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Up and Down again; feeling numb

Postby cuppachaplz » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:29 pm

In total shock, sorry for the long post.
Feeling really rotten here sad Many apologies for the moan, but I have simply had enough now. It feels like every time things start to get better some thing else happens.
This morning, I felt slightly better for the first time since leaving hospital.
My consultant is happy that they seem to finally be getting on top of the sepsis, but advised another few days antibiotics, and repeat treatment for antibiotic induced thrush. So far so good.
The scar pain I have been experiencing seems to be from the muscle layer rather than the uterus, and I have a slight hernia developing. Whilst not ideal, this is not a reason for early ELCS or even not to VBAC, but may need addressing at a later date.
At the scan, they have detected another brain abnormality; an engorged and significantly enlarged cavum. This can be associated with chromosome abnormalities; trisomy 13 and 18, possibly with chronic viral infection, and may cause problems.
We had previously declined amnio at 18w, following 1/50 DS odds as risk of mc unacceptable (15 previously) and neither DH or I were bothered by the possibility of a Downs baby.
I have again seen the foetal neurologist (seen previously for cyst, which had almost resolved), who has recommended amniocentesis (both for the chromosomal PCR and for culture), bloods for the viruses and an in utero MRI.
I will be almost 34 weeks by the time they do an amnio, so risk of pre-term labour (which I was already at risk of anyway) so I have been started on steroid injections to mature his lungs as too many risks now involved. The amnio is booked for next Monday, and results (including the DS test) will take a fortnight. I should have the MRI within the next 2 weeks.
I have been asked to go home and write down any birth choices I want considered, but to be aware of complications etc.
I'm shocked and shaken all over again, and back to playing the waiting game.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Up and Down again; feeling numb

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Big hugs. Not sure I really understand all the medical ins and outs however, if you are really against an amino or worried about it I wouldn't do it. i would discuss it with dh.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:52 pm

Huge gentle hugs hun, not sure what to say apart from im thinking of you xxx

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:36 pm

Oh my - what a lot for you to think about and deal with. Like Sophie says, I don't really understand all the terminology, but I do understand the worry and stress this must be causing you.

I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for positive outcomes for you.

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:05 pm

:hug:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:43 pm

Oh sweetheart that all sounds very stressful and unfair that you are having to deal with it.

Please feel free to come and moan whenever you need to! X

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:34 pm

:hug: that sounds really tough. I understand your feelings about the amnio, if it doesn't change what you would do about the pregnancy then there is little point. Why do they recommend it, would it change how they dealt with labour and birth?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:13 pm

I really do not understand why they want to do it??? :-? Sorry i dont have anything constructive to say but just sending :hug: :hug:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Sending lots of love, light and strength to you :hug: :hug:

Next

Return to Pregnancy and Conception