hf1

Slipped on muddy grass :(

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Slipped on muddy grass :(

Postby LynniferT » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:59 pm

So we went out for a walk this afternoon and while boys and DH were chucking rugby ball about, DD and i went to feed the ducks and i ended up slipping over on the muddy grass and landing on my bum :doh:

Wondering if i should bother MW with it? It was a relatively soft landing, did kind of a bambi leg thing before landing on muddy grass. Bump is still moving ok and i do ache muscle wise as i obviously pulled a muscle (or ten) going down.

Although this is my 5th pregnancy it is my first slip/fall, i'm assuming unless i get contractions or bleeding there is no point in bothering MW. (My next antenatal is in 3 weeks time at 28 weeks)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Slipped on muddy grass :(

Postby ems101 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:09 pm

I slipped at a similar time, cracked a knee and damaged my pride but I don't think I would have called the mw unless under the circumstances you described. Rest up though xx

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:22 pm

ems101 wrote:I slipped at a similar time, cracked a knee and damaged my pride but I don't think I would have called the mw unless under the circumstances you described. Rest up though xx

This.

But lots of :hug: and maybe some :cake: ?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:42 pm

I think i was more concerned about walking round rest of park with muddy leggings and wet backside, that and the fact i might have ended up in duck poo :embarassed:

I like the cake idea Sim ;)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:43 pm

The only thing I remember is that anti d thing, blood types or something ? I had to go in to be monitored when I fell down the stairs x

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Negative blood groups need the anti d if you bump the bump. If you landed on your bum it will be fine. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:50 am

Sounds pretty gentle sort of a fall in terms of baby. Are you still feeling normal movements? No bleeding or anything? If you have any concerns go and see someone but from what you have described I'd not worry too much but just watch out for anything unusual for a day or two.

I hope you haven’t got a big bruise on your bum this morning @LynniferT

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:47 am

clothmama wrote:Sounds pretty gentle sort of a fall in terms of baby. Are you still feeling normal movements? No bleeding or anything? If you have any concerns go and see someone but from what you have described I'd not worry too much but just watch out for anything unusual for a day or two.

I hope you haven’t got a big bruise on your bum this morning @LynniferT

Luckily i'm well padded in the rear so no bruises :giggle: baby is moving as normal and i've woken up a bit sore muscle wise (mainly thighs) will take it easy for next day or two just in case x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:06 pm

Glad everything is ok :widesmile:

LynniferT wrote:i've woken up a bit sore muscle wise (mainly thighs) will take it easy for next day or two just in case x

Sounds like a good plan :)

Return to Pregnancy and Conception